**BEWARE

Anna

Both me and chris' dad have been down today to look at a VW Beetle TDi (clicky) and a Convertible BMW M3 (clicky)

both cars are from the same garage...

the adverts as you can see from the clicky links are both shown to be perfect condition, good pictures... etc etc

What a disappointment... be very careful with this garage...

-the beetle

was badly scratched, doors were all chipped, grey leather interior despite being told it was immaculate had brown stains all over, missing headrests, not driven since september 08 despite the sales bloke saying he had drived the last 2 months and described it as a perfect runner... brakes and under bonnet was all oxidized... the car still had the last girls earrings in the centre console and rubbish in the ash tray so obviously hadn't been valeted and prepared to sell

- the BMW

alloys were very badly damaged, the car had no tax or mot and needed new brake discs and pads, the front end was covered in stone chips, the roof was hard and soft top... when the hard top was lifted off the underneath was minging, car hadn't been valeted or prepared for sale and didn't have any petrol in for a test drive

Anyway... after 5 hours wasted i wanted to warn everyone :lol:

Yeah i'm gutted LOL, i should have made the point in the post the whole experience with them was crap

I rang yesterday to check about finance etc etc and was told yeah no problem we'll sort it all out for you tomorrow... i explained the distance and how i needed it all sorting asap... they told me not to worry.

When i called this morning they said nothing could be done and if i wanted i could come view it.... again explaining the inconvenience of two trips...

Told the guy i had another car to look at... his reply (the best bit) was ahhh well just go buy that one then he put the phone down?! :lol:

Edited by Anna

What a load of sh!t, I'd be properly p!ssed off.

You'd think in this climate they'd be super eager to please and yet don't even bother valeting the cars.

Sad thing is, someone will end up buying those two neglected cars. No doubt the others they sell are just as bad.

There is an upside though. You know exactly the condition the car was in under it's last owner. Nothing is hidden or covered up. Your buying a car exactly as the last owner had it. I know it's not how we like to buy cars and I certainly wouldn't buy one from there but still it's an interesting point to note.