My new sub and amp

Just got my 10" orion HCCA 4ohm 4000W/1500RMS with my JBL-GTO-14001e amp let the custom boot build begin. will upload some pics of it when its getting made :)

anyone fill free to give me some ideas on what i should do with it :)

also just picked up my pioneer P88RS HU just fitted it the over day looks the nuts cant wait to link everthing up :)

cheers ashley

Edited by oODUBOo

Awesome subs,

dont try any fancy fibreglass etc, what you need is a well built ported box making to the correct air space that the sub needs, May even need another battery as they pull a fair amount,

keep us updated with any build pictures

Rich,

Awesome subs,

dont try any fancy fibreglass etc, what you need is a well built ported box making to the correct air space that the sub needs, May even need another battery as they pull a fair amount,

keep us updated with any build pictures

Rich,

no dont wont to ruin my car with the fibreglass mold lol i was thinking to cut the amp into the back of my seats and and maybe put perspect over the amp and have the little 10" in the centre of my boot just so its flush with my ( boot/lock thing ) if you understand my slang dont have a clue how to word it LOL but its quite a deep old sub for a 10" and is not light 70lb LOL will keep you updated with the build. but im having trouble uploading pics i read the "how to" and still can't do it ive signed up to photobucket and can't get it to work :)

Ashley

Ok cool, umm have you uploaded your pictures to photobucket? if so post the link on here is they should work,

as for the sub they need a fair bit of air so if your going to do it properly the whole boot will be filled with one giant ported box, (still probably not big enough for the sub) getting the box right is just as important as having a good sub or else it will sound ****, as for the amp imo id just screw the bugger to the back of the box (facing the boot) easy to work on etc and there is a little void where the boot curves to fit it in,

Rich,

Ok cool, umm have you uploaded your pictures to photobucket? if so post the link on here is they should work,

as for the sub they need a fair bit of air so if your going to do it properly the whole boot will be filled with one giant ported box, (still probably not big enough for the sub) getting the box right is just as important as having a good sub or else it will sound ****, as for the amp imo id just screw the bugger to the back of the box (facing the boot) easy to work on etc and there is a little void where the boot curves to fit it in,

Rich,

Yeah the right size box for it they say idealy it should be 13.5 down x 14.5 across x 15.5 deep intrenal size for the best sound plus an air outlet can't rember the size of that but no way thats going in my little boot so i dont no what to do? and its quite a long and thin amp so might just have to screw it to the back of the box as you said. or i will just have to sell it and get one 15inch orion :) and take my back seats out like yours lol

just a little insperation for you heres mine in the spare wheel well

ps dont be put off fibre glass it can be used subtley

3405657260_68482c003f.jpg

Thank you so much thats spot on what i would like mine to look like :D but a few question for you Im getting a centre exit exhaust and I'm go to have to chop half the wheel well away so thats half gone and my sub is 8" deep. plus my sub makes a creates loads of air and i need a fairly big box with and air outlet to get the best sound out of it but how did yours sound in the box if thats your car.

Thanks Ashley

mine sounds awesome it was built by mark turner of turners alarm and audio in sunderland who is 2 times emma world sq champion, but that comes with a heafty price tag! like little rich says you really need a large ported box to get the most out of the equipment youve got, you will also have to decide what you want the box tunned to. mine runs sealed which gives a different sound, sealed gives you hard and tight bass and generally better sound quality, while ported will wobble everything and be louder but the sound quality will suffer. you will also have to consider sound deadening otherwise the car will suffer with resonance and rattles and also upgrading your power supply 50% of how good something sounds depends on how its installed, the most expensive audio equipment in the world will sound rubbish if its not installed properly do your research you will benefit from it in the long run happy banging ;)

how much is a heafty price tag? because its worth the money to have a boot looking like that. i don't wont it super loud just when i pull up some meets i wont it to drop. I'm still in two minds what head unit to get I was thinking of PIONEER-DEH-P88RS-II which is £400 or do i go for a double din 7" screen for around that price? what do i do :)

how much is a heafty price tag? because its worth the money to have a boot looking like that. i don't wont it super loud just when i pull up some meets i wont it to drop. I'm still in two minds what head unit to get I was thinking of PIONEER-DEH-P88RS-II which is £400 or do i go for a double din 7" screen for around that price? what do i do :)

the pioneer 88prs is a great headunit and is what i use and can run a whole system activley without the need for any external equalisers or crossovers dont go for flashy double din or colour display tv screen headunits because they are exactly that flashy with no substance the pioneer will do everything you need and more and as for heafty price tag about a fiver change from five grand :o and still going!

Jees-wees but it does look cracking is that for the whole system as well and all the interior or just the boot build? i no everyone in car audio security said this is the one 88PRS its an amazing head unit, right when i get paid tomorrow heading down there to get it :)

but back to the boot build i might have ago myself making something up i will keep you posted on how its going most likely going to go wrong LOL

cheers for your help guys :D

Ashley

Jees-wees but it does look cracking is that for the whole system as well and all the interior or just the boot build? i no everyone in car audio security said this is the one 88PRS its an amazing head unit, right when i get paid tomorrow heading down there to get it :)

but back to the boot build i might have ago myself making something up i will keep you posted on how its going most likely going to go wrong LOL

cheers for your help guys :D

Ashley

that's just for the install

Make sure when you go and get your HU you ask some of the guys there some advice on your sub and box :)

Great HU's btw,

Cheers i have spoke to them about boxes for my sub and i showed them the picture of the one above and they said it looks great but i need a ported box otherwise it will sound poop the showed me a double skinned box made for the Orion sub and there is no way its going in my boot way to big. but i like what you have done it yours rich taken the back seats out and filled it with pure sound LOL and there is another guy on here with a silver lupo sport done the same :) which both look sexy but I'm sure i will sort something out

cheers for the advice :)

Ashley

Edited by oODUBOo

Well happy just got my pioneer DEH-P88RS head unit looks the nuts will upload some pics when i get time :) but wont to spray my centre console with the head unit in either white or gloss black but black has already been done also wont to spray my (TITS) and the air vents the same colour what colour you think i should have guys/girls :)

Edited by oODUBOo