handbrake / ABS beep / lights: end.

So there I was last night driving home from work in the wet and an S3 which I often play with in traffic pops up. He overtakes me on a bend in the wet, so anyway when its straight and dual carriage way i floor it and catch up (as hes stuck behind traffic see)..... anyway, long story short we raced for a while in and out (NOTE: PRIVATE ROADS) and got to a junction where he went straight on, i went left and popped on the handbrake to signal my goodbye.....

I went a bit too far round but all in all an excellent manouvere. Problem is the ABS light came on and started beeping. I turned him off and on and problem solved, but it happened again this morning.

Any ideas?

I imagine it had problems with the concept of the front ABS sensors saying the wheels were turning and the back ABS sensor saying the wheels were stationary. Although mine's never complained...

Maybe you should consider it an indication that you did something bloody stupid... tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(tdwindustries)
i know i think that all the time, its skill and having good eye sight
laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> :?

A warning, I think. ABS is classed as a safety feature, the car tries to make sure any detected problem is looked at by the user.

Same as airbags - even a microsecond loss of communication between the airbag controller and the rest of the car will cause a permanent airbag warning light, needs to be dealer reset.

Either that or you broke something. :wink: