VAGCOM - Help!

Hi guys..

Right.. my exhaust emissions light came on a couple of days ago, it first came on my way back from having my service done at Midland VW, so I took it back, they checked everything over, it seemed fine so they cleared it. This was a month ago, then a couple of days ago it came on again.. (When Rob was driving it actually!!) so i'm going to run VAGCOM on it and see if it picks up anything.. if not i'll just clear the light.

But... VAGCOM logs an error when scanning the engine module meaning we can't sync the Baud rate. What does the Baud rate need to be set on for an Arosa?

Hopefully it's just a dodgy sensor?

Thanks,

Emma

Edited by Emz

• 1 year later...

im bringing this back up because id like to know too

ive never been able to work vagcom on my arosa and i know lal ben couldnt work it on his

what is this 'baud rate' anyways?

How it relates to VAGcom I'm not sure, but Baud rate (Bd)is the number of pulses or symbols sent per second. so a rate of 100Bd is 100 symbols a second. Each symbol can represent one or many bits of data. It is related to but not the same as bitrate (bit/s)