About to Buy Lupo GTI

nicgun

Afternoon all,

just about to embark on a purchase of a Lupo GTi to add to our already VW/Audi filled garage (currently occupied by a 21yr old Mk1 Golf GTi Cab and a brand new A3 1.9TDIe Sport) and just wanted to ask all current owners on any potential issues to look for?

Aside from slipping clutches, ragged front tyre shoulders and abused brakes any other things I should be on the look out for? Presumably damage to wings, bonnet and doors owing to them being aluminium are going to expensive to replace / repair, and kerbed alloys are gonna be common I guess but any other issues ?

Many thanks in advance for any advice - and just so you know I'm chasing down a silver or anthracite GTi with Leather, so I know I'm on a hunt for a rare car but have a couple of possibles already.

Nic

I'd search the reg number on here to see if a person has owned it on here ;)

That way you can ask about the history etc and if they aren't selling the car you could get some honest answers about the cars past!

Sam

Thanks Sam,

missed one of the possibles last night - awaiting reg no of the other so will do just as you suggest. Anybody else any pearls of wisdom?

Edited by nicgun