paint faded after removing bump strips? - pics added in post

yeah rmoved the bumpstrips today as they were not on properly so water could easily get behind and sit there.

once removed easily, i was left with patches of bluey/grey where the paint had faded?

has anyone esle had this? and how did you sort it. Thanks

Edited by domo

that looks like it is where the paint/laqure has been swetting and lifted. (the cloudy white area) this also happens when people leave the bonnet bra's on for too long. It may dry out over a few days but if not then it's not good. the other marks where you can see that the paint has gone a blue colour as aposed to the fresh black will just need a paint correction on it.

that looks like it is where the paint/laqure has been swetting and lifted. (the cloudy white area) this also happens when people leave the bonnet bra's on for too long. It may dry out over a few days but if not then it's not good. the other marks where you can see that the paint has gone a blue colour as aposed to the fresh black will just need a paint correction on it.

where can i get the paint correction stuff from? i never had this with the polo bumpstrips, it was jsut tar left. im new to lupos got bored of a slammed polo :D

....yeah my guess is where the strips wernt on properly and it snowed heavily it got in behind and decided to stay and make a mess!

does it actually work then?

t-cut never worked on the old car............... so its happened to you and those little faded bits of bluey black can be removed?

didnt happen to me but happened to this kids punto at work

didnt look as bad as yours but t-cut did work :)

like said looks like where damps been...might need to get it touched up tbf :(

I've got the same problem with my black lupo. It's not quite as bad as yours.

I tried flatting it down with 3000 paper and then mopping it, with no luck! It is definatly under the laquer, I've come to the conclusion i's gonna need another lick of paint!