I Hate Dirty Roads!

seaneightynine

We've had a lot of frost and snow up in shetland so thers been some serious grit going on da roads!! and you go to work in the dark and by the time i get back its dark so i can never be arsed to wash it.........:(

The answer???? Drive your dads dads Toyota Hilux haha... it likes it dirty

I don't trust the brush things - only use them to wash the windows! I just use the jet wash on the rest of the car and it does the job. The jet wash I use has a brilliant wheel cleaner but I need to think about buying a pair of safety goggles for the next time I use it - the spray keeps rebounding off the wheels into my eyes, which probably isn't good for them! On the subject of wheels, they are the most annoying part of cleaning a GTi - what is the point of the notches at the top of the spokes? They are an absolute beggar to clean - it would be a piece of cake if the alloys just had smooth spokes.

Definitely don't use the brush at the jet wash mate. Bloody scratch central otherwise. :huh: Can just imagine someone dropping the brush onto the ground and just putting it back. Lots of lovely grit in that.

A chap on MeganeSport.net was using one, pulle the brush toward him accross the roof, the brush came off and as he washed away from him he ran the bare metal pole across the roof. Lovely deep line on his black paint work.

I've happily used the jet wash at a Shell station, used the soap solution, gave it a minute then used the rinse. If you're careful you shouldn't do any harm with a jet wash, just don't aim them at your car at a 90 degree angle. Keep it about 45 and it should push the dirt off.