Afternoon everybody

timbo

Just thought I would say a quick hello.

I've just brought my first lupo from double d off of here. It's a 1.4 75bhp model in black. And i have to say I am impressed of it so far. Drove it all the way back from huddersfield to oxford and didn't have a problem (apart from not being able to work out the filler cap :paperbag: ).

I have only owned classic minis in the two years i have been driving so to have suspension is a bonus!!!

My plans for the lupo at the moment are pretty basic as I still currently have a project mini which is destined for a 1071 cooper s engine and lots and lots of C/F :eek: !! But I am just about to buy a set of alloys in the shape of team dynamic Pro Race 1.2's in white. I did want some OZ supertourismo's but they were a little more money. I also plan to get a BMC induction kit and a GTI style exhaust. Oh yeah and a strut brace for the front to tighten things up a little.

Cheers

timbo

Warm welcome to the forum :shades:.

As the the front strut brace the lupo is an understeery little beast and the last thing you want to do is strengthen the front end. The rear end is the problem and a jabba sport rear arb are goes a long way to improve the understeer, had one on my lupo and was very impressed. Get some pics up when you find the time.

Yeah I might get both to be honest mate to sharpen it all up.

I can see what your saying with the understeer. I had a wee bit of a moment on the way back from picking the car up. I was trying to keep up with my old man in his type-r around a long slowish bend and made the unforgivable mistake of letting off the power, lift off oversteer aplenty.

Aye lift off oversteer is addictive and fun, just needs to be intentional and not in a moment of panic. I just recently got a type-r and is so oversteery its worrying, hoping coilovers and a fast road set up will sort it out. :shades:

Coillies will help bud definitley. Type-r's are immense with a fast road setup they can beat most things on the road.

Ordered my white team dynamics this afternoon aswell so a wee transformation to my lupo will start very soon.

timbo