1.4 16v Cam cover removal

I have a oil leak which is leaking in the sparkplug holes and the plugs and leads are covered in oil.

Now i know the cam cover does not have a gasket and it uses glue but looking at the cam cover it looks like the cams are held in or are a part of the cover and it also looks like you have to remove the cam pullys to remove the cam cover.

If i remove the cam cover are there any oil seals i will need to replace?

Or is it just a simple thing to remove?

Thanks

Its simple to remove m8, just take your long cambelt off the 1 that goes to the crank pulley, then the cam cover will come staright off with the cams.

Just clean the edges up and then re-seal the cam cover with sealent.

Edited by DUB JIMBOB

Are you confident its a leak and that you haven't spilled oil in to the spark plug holes?

No mate its in cylinders 3 & 4 and they are both swimming in oil so its nothing i have spilt plus i have a steady hand lol

Its simple to remove m8, just take your long cambelt off the 1 that goes to the crank pulley, then the cam cover will come staright off with the cams.

Just clean the edges up and then re-seal the cam cover with sealent.

Thats great mate, at least i know what in getting my self into, its one VW engine i have never had apart, if it was a 1.8 20v Turbo i would have no problem lol

Thanks for your help mate :D

had few with this problem , as above really but i did it with all the timing marks at tdc the paste from vw was £35 quid iirc about the size of a toothpaste tube :angry2: