ICE wiring issues... HELP! updated: Head unit power wiring..

oh kay....

Today I managed to get my loverly Alpine Type-E starter set (from caraudiosecurity.co.uk) wired it up (how I thought it should be and..... Nothing. Not a sausage!! I get the power light on the Amp, but thats it!

I have wired the power straight off the battery (with the fuse in line - The fuse is good)

Connected that to the Alpine T-222 2ch amp

Amp Grnd earthed via the spare wheel holding nut thingy

I have wired in the 'control lead' to the back of my Blaupunkt Brisbane headunit. I have use the 12v/amp tab.

I have bridged the amp as its only running my Alpine Type-E sub. The wiring is good and at the correct polarity.

All im getting is the blue power on light on top of the amp and it just stays on even when the ignition is off.

Im not getting any sound out of it what so ever.

EDIT: From speaking to my mate who has done a few VAG group installs in the past, he was saying about reversing the power feed into my head unit. I believe this to be the cause of my mysterious bat flatteries and the reason my Amp remote simply switches the amp on and not off again.

Could anyone shed some light on what needs to be done? Im a bit of a novice at this im afraid, so apologies if its something basic.

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Edited by sgtazza

the amp should turn off when u switch the headunit off and when u take the keys out of the ignition. if its not then the remote isnt right. other than that as said above the rca (*red/white leads from headunit to amp...)

cable needs to be plugged in which sounds like the problem, as if the light comes on on the amp then ur grounded right and power is running through...

i have that amp its pretty good when u get it to work

*edit rca is red/white cable running from headunit to amp

Glen

Edited by scoobydoo

No the amp to head unit leads there should be 2 AV leads and 1 remote cable coming frm the head unit to amp.

I think one may have been a donut and not looked at the rest of the wiring diagram that clearly shows the RCA cables! Proves that concentrating doesnt allways work! lol

Yes looks like ive been a dick and missed them out all together. That would be why she's dead then. DOH!!

Thanks for yer help tho chaps. I wouldnt have even realised other wise.

Amaturs! tsk tsk.

I think one may have been a donut and not looked at the rest of the wiring diagram that clearly shows the RCA cables! Proves that concentrating doesnt allways work! lol

Yes looks like ive been a dick and missed them out all together. That would be why she's dead then. DOH!!

Thanks for yer help tho chaps. I wouldnt have even realised other wise.

Amaturs! tsk tsk.

yav got to start some where drop me a pm if you need more help lol

haha u forgot tha rca's ya plum

ach well we all have our moments

You go ahead and beat a man when he's down... sob sob. lol

Anyone got any views on my power supply issue? (see the edit on the first thread)