Bonnet Bra for Arosa mk1

+omsu+h

iv searched far and wide and i realise that no1 makes a bonnet bra for a mk1 arosa.. correct me if im wrong..

too me that makes me want it more .lol

i was thinking would it be posible to get a dif car make.. as close as posible and change slightly if i have to...

looking at other cars.. i think golfs have similer front..

vr6_1.jpg

i have no idea how bonnet bras are made.. and what they are made off...

would anyone be able to explain what there made off.. and if it would be easy to alter

also im not sure how wide golfs bonnets are compared to arosas.. :/

would it be easyer to get a lupo one then alter.. or a dif car make.. :?

thanks ..

im sure they would be easy to alter...would take a bit of work though

you would need to be good at that sort of thing though because the stitches would need to be strong

you wouldnt be able to use the lupo one because you would need to take the light recess out and theres not enough material to do it

id go with the golf personaly but its alot of money to waste if it dont go right

why dont you make a template and get someone like a taylor to make one?

Edited by Jay_whitt

Your probably right to get one from a similar shaped car, for a guide if anything.

Id probably buy one that may fit, take it to a material adjustment place, or somewhere that tailour makes fitted car covers, show them the bought bonnet bra, see if its possible to get it to fit, and if not see if they could make one, atleast you have one to show them what you want, and you can always sell it on after!

Id like one for mine but i dont think id want to go through that hassle :lol:

thanks guys.. i will def bare all this inmind.. .it will probly be something i will do after i lower it.. eventually :D

you could of just searched for it.. tututut lazy people...

its to protect ur bonnet from like stone scratches and stuff.. but people genuinely just use them cus they look cool..

its a personal taste thing i guess...

Ok, officially known as an autobra essentially they protect the front of your car from chips, scratches and bugs etc. For most cars they come in half or full. Half is just bonnet and full covers right down to the splitter and around the front of the wings.

A good bra is made up of two fabrics. a leather outing, made of 1 piece, stitched to form a sleeve which slides onto the bonnet. To prevent scratching the inside is a soft and cozy cotton like lining. Its usually strapped on to the underside with elastic.

To make one it would take a bit of work.

I want one so im going to try my corrado bra first and go from there. I can report back on how i get on if any1 is interested?

I emailed Autobra.co.uk a few days ago and they replied that they cant get hold of them despite being emailed about them everyday.

tried my corrado bra on the other day and width wise its about 5mm too wide but this can be solved by adjusting the stitching on the side. The corrado has a straight, flat edge to the bonned which the arosa doesnt so it goes a bit flappy there.

the search continues....

nice try j carroll....

i thought the width would be diff...

im thinking a golf or a old polo would probly fit the best... if anyone has a polo or golf autobra could try it on a arosa... c how off it is....

i guess someone could try it at a meet some time... probly the cheapest way to figger it out :P