Fingers crossed for me :)

Jay_whitt

just got through the 1st part of the recruitment process for being a PCSO (police community support officer)

got an interview and tests next wednesday :D

and to make it better i got offered a job as a financial mortgage advisor and asked for an interview

so hopefully i got a chance with both :P

fingers crossed...i need to start getting a decent wage haha

Well done mate, what company is the Mortgage advisor with ? and are you familiar with this industry ?

im not to sure on the actual company yet...theres 1 or 2 and after the 1st part of the training is complete they place you.

you start of in the financial training academy for 2 weeks then move onto a placement.

im fairly familiar with it but in not 100% on what the job entails

just gota see how it goes ay :P

thanks everyone :D

This may go some way to help

http://www.ifslearning.ac.uk/careers/caree...age_adviser.cfm

Sounds as though you have a good oppertunity mate. Just watch out that it's not one of these things where you have to pay X amount of ££££ to be trained and be part of a franchise (no sales no salary) type of things.

If it's a proper oppertunity to be trained and then be given a job then that is a rare thing to be offered, but I would bite there hand off for it.

So long as you are interested in it and are a sales personallity/customer focused with the ability to learn, youll be onto a good thing.

The qualification might be CeMAP or something similar, but getting into this will also give you the oppertunity to gain CeFA aswell which is for financial advisors.

an IFA can earn £100,000 a year, it's a good business to be in if you get the right oppertunities.

thanks man :D

im gonna have a good look at it because its such a good opportunity and something i cant let pass if it is for real

they have invited me to see the company and have a walk around the training facility's to see what ill be doing so im gona go next week before the interview for the PCSO job

ill let you know how it goes :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
just got my letter from the police saying i failed the inital assessment

i was like 5% off the pass mark too :(

gutted!

you had a lucky escape, trust me.

been there, done that, wouldn't go back again.

Edited by Adam K