electric window fault

right so i clicked my electric window down earlier, and as it got to the bottomm it seemed like somethin was holding it back.

so i stopped it and clicked it to go back up, an nothing happened.

so thats stopped and my switches for both windows dont work, and nor does my central locking.

so now my windows staying down and i cant get it up whatever i try.

any idea what could of happened?

cheers

ste

hi ya make sure it is aligned properly as some times when mine does that i have to pull the window towards thr front of the car

Good point, check that as well, it happoned on my Bora, best to check the basics first tho, if the other window and central locking is not working check for a blown fuse!

Good point, check that as well, it happoned on my Bora, best to check the basics first tho, if the other window and central locking is not working check for a blown fuse!

Right then,

If your windows slowed as they lowered I would say they were jamming up. The motor would not just slow and break, its more likely to be the window rubbers or possible the tracks the window runs on.

I have had a similar problem. Drivers window relay clicks when I operate it but the motor and window will not move. I also have the problem of being able to operate the passenger window on the passenger side but it will not move up on the drivers side only down. I took the drivers side door cards off and first tested the passenger side using the drivers window switch. Surprise surprise I can now control the passenger window fully so that narrows that problem down to a faulty switch which I took apart and fixed. Then I loosened the 10mm bolts holding the window guides and motor in place. Once these were loose the window operated fully. So I lowered it down and lubricated all the rubbers with silicon spray. I also lubricated the metal and nylon guide/runner assembly with the same spray. Tightened it all up and now my window runs faster, smoother and does not jam up.

The reason it does jam is down to a safety mechanism in the motor assembly which is designed to cut power if someones finger/head etc gets in the way.

Hope that helps on the window front. I'd also check your fuse if all power has gone.

Adrian