will theis exhaust fit my 1.4 sport?

pandy

I wouldn't have thought so, it bends up too much after the muffler.

o. i just wasnt sure the exhaust bends round the wheel well or not. cant look on mine as its still in the garage :angry:

o well i still fink its worth the risk for £50

On the sport, the exhaust goes under the spare wheel well, hence the space saver/shallow well to allow for the centre exit

Well, the standard exhaust goes under the the spare wheel well and then off to the left as you look from the back. Look more hassle than it's worth, but if its £50 and you can weld, it could be a bargain!!!

Personally I'd sell it on to someone else and get one that fits.

Or you could have the boxes chopped out of it and get hangers/pipes made up to make it fit. But even then it'll cost you a fortune and your better of starting from scratch.

wel what is the exhaust designed to fit

an exhaust i bought people were tellin it wouldnt fit fromt he pictures but it was built for a gti and went on my sport no problem

buy it for 50 quid and offer it up to see if it will if not sell it on...im sure youd easily get the 50 quid back

Just something to think about.. This exhaust has been around abit. It was on ebay a while back and is now up for sale by the new owner that says it hasnt been fitted ? Is it because after buying it they didnt acctually want to fit it or because it wont fit..