PeteSGT's Golf Mk5

PeteSGT

Well here's my replacement for the loop.

DSCF1256.jpg

DSCF1257.jpg

DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

Now with led rear lights from germany. Had to mod the inner parts on the boot, switching the fog light and reverse light colours...it was a mish!

DSCF1400.jpg

DSCF1401.jpg

These are an official vw accessory in germany, but the uk dealers declined having them over here!

I think I'm gonna switch the inners for a set from an r32 or edition 30, as I find these led ones too bling. And yes...I will get the back lower bumper colour coded, possibly next month when I have some money lol.

looks very good. Something different from the standard GTi.

I am right in thinking the rear lights on a MK5 Gti are the same as any other MK5?

Seems very stupid of why the VW UK did not want these type of lights as it looks fab.

Looks ace mate, i think the lights suit it. I would keep them. Good upgrade from the GTI or what?

Cheers, yeah I'll deffo keep them...just considering changing the ones on the boot to r32 items, as these ones have no leds in them anyway. I just think they're brighter than the outer parts for no reason.

It is a very good upgrade. I'm driving it very sensibly at the mo, and I'm returning 35mpg...costing £60 to fill up and getting nigh on 400 miles from that.

It can be chucked into corners with just as much abandon as the loop, but this just has bags of torque to pull out of them. And hearing the recirc of the turbo is my heaven :)

looks very good. Something different from the standard GTi.

I am right in thinking the rear lights on a MK5 Gti are the same as any other MK5?

Seems very stupid of why the VW UK did not want these type of lights as it looks fab.

Yeah they are normally the same, the most common upgrade people do is to put r32 lights on, which is a darker red tint (cherry red). Luckily these are the same red tint, so I can mix and match the two till I'm happy. The edition 30 has the r32 lights as standard.

Yeah its silly that we never got them, especially as they match the rest of the vw line-up. There was also talk of them becoming standard, but the new models out next year anyways now!

This is what they look like in action:

Edited by PeteSGT

I do like them, but they remind me of the Golf+ lights.

Nice to see something different, rather than the usual R32 upgrade (think ill be going down that route, as they look stunning on Black cars)