electric window

My electric window on the drivers side is having a fit.

It will go up a little way (1/6 of the way up) before stopping all together, seems like its getting caught on the way up.

Any suggestions on how I might sort this, because atm my car is taped up on one side and I can't use it until it stops raining! My car is booked in for a service on Tuesday so if I don't fix it before then, i'll get it sorted then, but obviously if I could do it myself and its an easy fix, i'd rather sort it myself.

Pete

Mine did this and it was an easy fix.

Get the door card off and spray some WD40 on the two or three black runners that the glass runs up and down. Spray the wire cable too. Get the window moving and repeat until the runners are all oiled up.

• 2 weeks later...
All fixed. Turned out not to be just in need of some grease in the end, but needed a new window regulator. Its all fitted now but I thought i'd update the thread for people in the future.

hi mate

how much was the regulator? i have now had enough of my windows being intermitent so am gonna have to let my moths out of the wallet.

thanks in advance

craig