Sub cutting out

Hi there,

Im running an amp and sub in the boot of my lupo and for some reason is has started to cut out... I've checked the power, remote wire, earth and rca's at the amp and stereo end of the setup and i can see any fault at all... The strange thing is when it cuts out if i put on my brakes firmly it cuts back in again and stays for a bit...

Any ideas?

Tom

If the amp is on when the sound cuts out its not likley to be a power, earth or remote turn on problem

but never rule them out make sure all contacts are clean and you are not getting any form of short

all though a short should pop the fuse on the power wire

Its just a process of elimination really

If you have an ipod/ diskman and a handy 3.5 to rca jack you could plug that direct into the amp. The trick it not to turn the volume up on the ipod/diskman too high where you are likley to get clipping, take it no more than half way volume. Use the gain if you need to get more volume to hear it, its better to put a cleaner signal in and use the gain. Make sure you have LPF on, if its ajustable make sure its not too low as an ipod is probably not going to be producing as lower hz range as your headunit. If your not getting the cut out then the problem is headunit side

if you are its amp/ speaker side.

Another test is to connect up another speaker to your amp, it does not have to be a sub just turn off any LPF and bass boost that may be on and obviously dont take the volume too high, even if it a house speaker you should be ok as long as the volume is not jacked up. Use it to indicate if your getting cut out problems or not, if you are its amp/ headunit side if not its most likley a fubbered voice coil or faulty connection inside the box

Edited by Unheard