My exhaust has blown!

I'm quite upset guys,

thought to myself this morning when i was going to work "oooh, my engine sounds nice, must have been the long drive down to Wales cleared some of the crap out" .....but no, MY EXHAUST HAS BLOWN!!!!! GUTTED!

The car isn't even 4yr old til July and has done minimal miles of just under 26000.

Got my good old dad to check it out for me, and its rotten. He's patched it up for now until i can get it booked in.

Is this common at all or have i just been unfortunate??? Never had any problems previous to this.

Any help/advise would be great!!!

Thanks, Kim

x

I had a new exhaust around that age and mileage. The little use that the car used to get will have allowed condensation would build up and collect in the centre of the exhaust, making it go rusty from the inside out.

Don't worry about it, just get a new one and try to avoid doing lots of short journeys :)

I had a new exhaust around that age and mileage. The little use that the car used to get will have allowed condensation would build up and collect in the centre of the exhaust, making it go rusty from the inside out.

Don't worry about it, just get a new one and try to avoid doing lots of short journeys :)

Its my journeys to work, about 15 mile there and back.

I've got him booked in first thing tomorrow morning! Glad i'm not the only one its happened to, thanks!

Its my journeys to work, about 15 mile there and back.

I've got him booked in first thing tomorrow morning! Glad i'm not the only one its happened to, thanks!

Mine's a killer, i probably do about 15 miles during a day tops, and that's lots of shorter trips, so i try and give it a blast at the weekends to clear it out