GTI 6 x LED Side lights

Trebor

Hi guys got my LED side light bulbs thought i'd share the pic's...

th_DSC00248.jpg

th_DSC00267.jpg

Here is a pic of the back of the light unit in the engine bay. Some of you seem to have got stuck after taking the back off,

what your after is the small black unit in the picture with the 2 wires going into it.

Admittedly these things are not the easiest beggars to get out persuasion or use of pliers will get them out.

Before fitting the bulb back in make sure you have the bulb the right way round or they won't light up.

th_DSC00256.jpg

Once fitted they look like this....

th_DSC00251.jpg

here's the before...

th_DSC00272.jpg

Here's the after...

th_DSC00274.jpg

th_DSC00271.jpg

Guest Lauryn

I got really good LED side lights from ultraleds, never failed me, and they are the same fitment in the Lupo so took them out to fit soon. Only prob is that I had a look today and everything under the bonnet is so snug, cant get in to fit the bulbs! :confused:

I got really good LED side lights from ultraleds, never failed me, and they are the same fitment in the Lupo so took them out to fit soon. Only prob is that I had a look today and everything under the bonnet is so snug, cant get in to fit the bulbs! :confused:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=led%20501%20bulbs

Any of the ones in that search should do you depending on what your after all the colours possible.

Guest Lauryn
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=led%20501%20bulbs

Any of the ones in that search should do you depending on what your after all the colours possible.

I already have them sitting here, what I mean is that I went to fit them and I couldnt get in behind the lights cos everything is so tightly packed!

These are the ones I have (on my old coupe):

Carwash2.jpg

Carwash.jpg

Same fit as the Lupo so I took them out when I sold the car!

I already have them sitting here, what I mean is that I went to fit them and I couldnt get in behind the lights cos everything is so tightly packed!

These are the ones I have (on my old coupe):

Carwash2.jpg

Carwash.jpg

Same fit as the Lupo so I took them out when I sold the car!

It's not easy getting in the GTi lights if you have big hands.

Good job that the side lights aren't in the main beam or i would have got stuck!!!!! lol