throttle body & caarb cleaner help

where exactly is the throttle body? Sorry for the dumb question. Lolz

I believe its under the air box... Is that correct? If so, how do i go about using carb cleaner? I've read that ultra sonic cleaner is actually better than carb cleaner? Do i have to keep the engine on when spraying/pouring the carb cleaner? Or do i keep the revs at 2000rpm whiile pouring it in? How much do i have to use?

Hope someone could help this fella out. My lupo is gradually dieing. :-(

get the spray carb clearner, take the air box off. spray the cleaner in the hole with the engine off. leave for a minute, start the car and spray in more, it will probably cut out. have someone rev it like you said till about 2000rpm to stop it stalling.

Dont do it with the engine off.

Run the engine, spray until it almost stalls, but dont let it stall.

Stop start Stop start if that makes sense?

The throttle body is the tube with a butterfly valve in the centre.

cheers lads. How much do i pour in? Do i have to use the full bottle? Or a little at a time? So keep the engine running and get someone to rev to stop from stalling. Sounds easy enough.

Do i need any special tools? Just need to plan all this out for tomorow.

Shall i let the engine run for an hour after finishing the carb cleaner?

What sort of carb cleaner is the best?

the reason i said to spray in some with engine off is too loosen the gunk up round the butterfly, then wipe any visible gunk off with a cloth. my butterfly was sticking where a piece of loose gunk got stuck.

the cleaner is all the same, just different prices. you could use petrol on a cloth. i got my carb cleaner from the £ shop. worked a treat, also put injector cleaner in with the next fillup, wasnt till a few days later i noticed a real difference.

good luck. dont do anything you aint more than 50% sure off :confused: the other 49% is all about trial and error. :lol:

nice one lads. Sprayed about half a can of carb cleaner onto the butterfly, while my mate was keeping the revs up. Car feels much more responsive, and is running really smooth. Will add a bit of that injector cleaner to the next fill up.

Basically... I opened the air box cover, and then just sprayed cc down the throttle body. Couldn't remove the airbox, but cleaned out the crap that was on top of the butterfly.

Looks like the car wont stall now (changing between gears) :D

P.s. Steering is much much better, but still feels a little bit heavy than normal at times. Better than before though.