ECU query

bobbo

Right, some searching on the forum i have come the conclusion that the 1.4 16v (75hp) engine and the 100hp engine are the same - Correct?

Also found out that the sport has a fly by wire throttle as opposed to the cable in the non sport

So i'm wondering whether the ECU from the 100hp engine can be re-mapped to run on a cable throttle and plugged into a 75hp engine?

I know i'm not going to get 100bhp out it if this is posible due to lighter fly wheel, exhaust ect

Right, some searching on the forum i have come the conclusion that the 1.4 16v (75hp) engine and the 100hp engine are the same - Correct?

Also found out that the sport has a fly by wire throttle as opposed to the cable in the non sport

So i'm wondering whether the ECU from the 100hp engine can be re-mapped to run on a cable throttle and plugged into a 75hp engine?

I know i'm not going to get 100bhp out it if this is posible due to lighter fly wheel, exhaust ect

I dont think this is true, i think that the 1.4 75hp had differenbt cams to the 100hp at least. Also my 75hp is F.B.W so it must be late cars of both types that have it

It hard to see wher the extra 25hp comes from like!?

So if my 1.4e has drive by wire, what would happen if i plugged a 1.4 sport drive by wire ECU into it, sorry if its a dumb question, not mechanically or tech minded

peak power on a sport is 1000rpm higher than a 75hp a, peak torque is also 1000rpm higher also.

I think its just the larger throttle body and engine map.

The 's' ecu is easier to map.

You are right there! Just looked at the TB on my SE and its the smallest thing i ever saw! only 50mm!

anyone know the size of the TB on a sport?

I would also like to know what would happen if a sport ecu was connected to a 75 hp - guessing it would not run?

thats exactly what i'm asking mate, as i've heard that the non sport engine is exactly trhe same as the sport

Edited by bobbo

not sure what the size is on the 4 motion think its smaller so might work but you will need a remap to get it to work or it will be a big waste of time . i had a sport throttle body on my 1.4 and it ran like crap