rear strut brace???

stevie_wonder

I asked a similar question a while ago and during my searching discovered that strut braces, particularly rear ones would make no difference to anything but a balls-out car, and barely any on something as small as a Lupo. I know 130bhp is a lot in a small car, but I think they're so small that there will be barely any flex in it any way?

They fit by removing the rear carpet and plastic trim from the side wall sof the boot area and drill / bolt in between the rear struts. An hours work tops.

True! Just saying if you're expecting a hughe idfference in handling you're probably going to be disappointed.

what did you do just have it sitting across unbloted in????

I've welded small treaded plates to the turrets inside.

This way i can take it off really quickly for the monthly tesco's run :lol:

It would be better to have bought a rear ARB rather than a strut brace, I doubt it makes the car handle any different, just looks cool!

If you want the back end better for the twisties, id go get a rear ARB from jabbasport, Worth every penny, And its really noticable.

John

It would be better to have bought a rear ARB rather than a strut brace, I doubt it makes the car handle any different, just looks cool!

If you want the back end better for the twisties, id go get a rear ARB from jabbasport, Worth every penny, And its really noticable.

John

Yeah agree, the rear brace hardly makes a difference at tall, but it only cost me 20quid so was a cheep mod :)

I'm hoping to get jabba's ARB soon though.

i had a rear brace in my old car, i just jammed it on top of the boot lining between the turrets. tightened it up all the way. it sat there nice and stable doing its job. then just came straight out when needed :)