ARGH!!

Just bought a Seat Sport steering wheel. I imagined it would just slide on my Arosa Mk1, but its not that easy :(

Ive worked for hours now, and I still havent gotten it right. There are always some minor differences which f***s up everything.

Anybody have any experience with fitting a Mk2 wheel onto an Mk1?

Im dying here mates, please help.. :confused:

whats different mate? not sure many of us have changed this...

Think I was hoping for some of you to have "The guide to switch from Mk1 steering wheel to Mk2", so that I didnt have to explain.. :rolleyes:

But here goes:

The first thing I did was to remove the airbags on both wheels (disconnected the battery of course).

Then I removed the old MK1 wheel, and "mounted" the Mk2.

This actually worked OK, apart from the airbag, which didnt work, and the "middle-connecting-thingy (the round disk which all the wires goes through) which didnt roll as smooth as it was supposed to.

I then tried to use the "middle-connection-thingy" from the Mk1-wheel. After some modifications I got it all connected (had to drop 2 of 3 screws in the "middle-connecting-thingy" so that it would fit the Mk2-wheel).

When I then started it up, the airbag still didnt work...

The first thing I thought was that maybe the Mk2-airbag is defect..?

Im going to try to refit the Mk1-wheel with the airbag tonight, and if that airbag doesent work either, Ive managed to f**k up some serious stuff :(

Understand what the "middle-connection-thingy" is? :lol:

When you say it didn't run smoothly, did u tighten everything up when you had it in place?

When I was putting my wheel back on after replacing the dash, in felt notchy, and got stuck at one point, but once everything was tightened up, it ran perfect.

When you say it didn't run smoothly, did u tighten everything up when you had it in place?

When I was putting my wheel back on after replacing the dash, in felt notchy, and got stuck at one point, but once everything was tightened up, it ran perfect.

Everything was as tight as it could be.

I suspected that the "middle-connection-thingy" had been damaged, as the long wire which are inside, had fallen out. Of course I put it back in, just like it was before.

Argh.. Its giving me a headache..