airbag light on!!!

chris-R-

went to pick up my wee loop tonight after pedal box was done, started her up and bomth the damn light stay'd on so the mechanics buggered around with the equipment and it read airbag resistance to high and it wont reset anyone know what the problem can be? have to take it back on friday gettin it done foc ofcourse.

over wound wiring on steering coulomb needs new clock spring as they will have snapped wiring bringing fault on and unit costs about £100

so am guessing they should fix it foc seeing the broke it while the car was in thier hands??

yep very easy to do as I've done it my self at work .you remove steering coulomb to replace pedal box and you turn steering wheel while putting it down out of the way then you come to refit it by accident you turn it a bit more on refitting bolt every thing back up then when you turn full lock for the first time and you snap the wiring and the light comes on .get them to pay for it

• 4 weeks later...

Exacltly the same just happened to me. I replaced the airbag no problem, no light came on, Then a garage removed the steering wheel and the yellow coil broke making the light come on. I have no chance of getting them to pay for it, ive been shafted. Did you get yours fixed?

Im going to a breakers tomorrow who say they should be able to supply and fit one relatively cheap

went to pick up my wee loop tonight after pedal box was done, started her up and bomth the damn light stay'd on so the mechanics buggered around with the equipment and it read airbag resistance to high and it wont reset anyone know what the problem can be? have to take it back on friday gettin it done foc ofcourse.

Exacltly the same just happened to me. I replaced the airbag no problem, no light came on, Then a garage removed the steering wheel and the yellow coil broke making the light come on. I have no chance of getting them to pay for it, ive been shafted. Did you get yours fixed?

Im going to a breakers tomorrow who say they should be able to supply and fit one relatively cheap

yeah i got mines fixed scot free they paid for everything they even put my lowering springs on too!

had sum smoke from behind the airbag last week but as far as i know everything is still working fine light still goes off.

if they removed it and caused the light to come on they should fix it scot free if not involve trading standards i was gonna but they dun it for me anyway:D