THROTTLE BODY ADVICE

HAZZAJOE

Do you use the car everyday?

I looked at getting some a few times for varying cars, but decided against it due to them needing re-adjusting from time to time. So went down the powerbox route instead for the corsa (sold the other cars instead lol) - less power then throttle bodies. But less grief from my understanding

Id much rather have a SC, throttle bodies are a little too raw for the GTI Lump. Reliability is always an issue when tuning, but especially when your engine is very close to it's full potential already.

An SC would be a more sensible option, and definately more practical/stable as a daily. Id always opt for the faster car route tho.

By the time youve had the work done, had to insure it for ££££, maintain it more regularly at more cost, and then loose big when you sell it, you could have just bought a much nicer car in the first place and just lost a couple of grand on it through depriciation.

BUT, some people want a fun project.

I looked at getting some a few times for varying cars, but decided against it due to them needing re-adjusting from time to time.
Who told you that?I think your thinking of Carbs, Throttle bodies avoids the need for adjustments, as the ECU is constantly making small adjustments.How many adjustments does the single throttle body on your factory car require in a lifetime? None :)
Id much rather have a SC, throttle bodies are a little too raw for the GTI Lump. Reliability is always an issue when tuning, but especially when your engine is very close to it's full potential already.
lol 125bhp from a 1.6?You mad?160bhp from a 1.6 but be the limit, something Honda would have got if they had built the Lupo GTI.The GTI lump is so mildly tuned its funny.
ANYONE ACTUALY GOT A CAR RUNNING ON BODDIES, THAT CAN ADVISE ME ON ECU CHOICE AND WIRING?
What are you needing to know?

Do you use the car everyday?I looked at getting some a few times for varying cars, but decided against it due to them needing re-adjusting from time to time. So went down the powerbox route instead for the corsa (sold the other cars instead lol) - less power then throttle bodies. But less grief from my understanding
sorry to sound thick , what is a powerbox???info.net
Id much rather have a SC, throttle bodies are a little too raw for the GTI Lump. Reliability is always an issue when tuning, but especially when your engine is very close to it's full potential already.An SC would be a more sensible option, and definately more practical/stable as a daily. Id always opt for the faster car route tho.By the time youve had the work done, had to insure it for ££££, maintain it more regularly at more cost, and then loose big when you sell it, you could have just bought a much nicer car in the first place and just lost a couple of grand on it through depriciation.BUT, some people want a fun project.
thanks for the advice, what is an SC?

lol 125bhp from a 1.6?You mad?160bhp from a 1.6 but be the limit, something Honda would have got if they had built the Lupo GTI.The GTI lump is so mildly tuned its funny.What are you needing to know?

Im defo not arguing that Tigz, but i was refering more to the engine design etc. Under the impression youd need some uprated internals to run 160bhp reliably, though in truth im going off what people have said on here about it.

Like you say if Honda designed it, or if VW took a more advanced approach, would have been an absolute stormer of a car with 160 as standard.

Under the impression youd need some uprated internals to run 160bhp reliably,

I'd say you'd run a greater chance of running a reliable 160 n/a than you would with a supercharger.

Although i'm no expert on either, i think the engine will be fine.

Its going to be the gearbox which will be the weak point, and lets face it the smoothness curve avalable with n/a tuning is going to help in that department. Other than that, i guess its just a matter of taste.