Bodywork advice

sTeVe-O

can anyone give a rough estimate or know of anyone/anywhere that can get me a price for soem smoothing.

all iwant is my lower bumpers front and back smoothed and colour coded.

my front plate recess smotthed over and painted

and the gap in my bonnet from my grill filling in.

anyone?! :)

£360 seems fine to me!! lol

where was that?

still if anyone knows of anywhere around the birmingham sort of area.

let me know ;)

i paid 200 alone for my bumper so i wouldnt necesarily trust that 360 quote especially with doing thenumbe rplate recess theyll prob just bodge that withe fiberglass an diller for that kinda cash,,which ain tgood

youll be wanting that plastic welded

olw paid over 360 for just his bumpers when he had that kinda work done..

£360 is very ery cheap. are you sure that was all in, i.e the spraying too not just for the work?

for the bumpers to be smoothed and colour coded i would say about £100-£150

front plate recess smoothed over would get painted as the same time as above. i say £270-£350

and the gap in the bonnet would be about £60-£110.

so all in your looking no less than about £400 min. and then it depends on how the front plate is done, ask them.

to keep it cheap and save the time they would more than likey fill most of the gap with number plates or plastic and then use fiberglass and filler to get it smooth and shape.

and the best way and the only way i would let someone else do would be to plastic weld the gap then would only need a very small skin of filler. but that will take a while, iam only cutting them down to hold a small platie and so ft one side its taken me about 4 hours, but it hasnt seem any filler yet, so it is a long job

Edited by lupo_1.0

i want to get my bonnet and tailgates smoothed, filled in and then painted. so do you guys think £300 is about the kind of money your talking to do that? its a while off until i do it, but just curious to know.