Raceland Manifold (sport)

luposport soon

Was just wondering whether you can fit a Raceland manifold to a standard exhaust system on a 1.4 16v sport?

Would it make much difference and is the cat situated in the manifold on a sport?

cheers guys

Yes it will fit, but you need to bend it so the down pipe to clears the sump, its really ment for the polo's where the sumps lower.

Should improve performance quite abit as the standard one are very restrictive.

The cat on a lupo is situated after the down pipe in the mid section.

As above.... to make the most of the manifold get a nice exhaust system. might give about 10bhp if ur engines sweet.

Wouldn't bother with a chip unless you start running fast road cams, sports cats and things like that.

Longlife are ok. Very cheap! Most powerflow centres in the UK have been fanchised/taken over/whatever the technical term is for it, by TopGear/Longlife/Wolfrace. So basically youre getting Powerflow staff, but paying Longlife prices.

Powerflow use mid-steel. Longlife use stainless. Full system will set you back £290ish.

I fully recommend Longlife in Wallington, Surrey.

:ph34r:

cheers claire!

im guessing £290 is not including fitting? and the longlife ones do you have to bodge any bits like the powerflow?

Yep, including fitting :) Absolutely nothing needs to be bodged, and you can pretty much watch the whole fitting process. Mine was £299 for my GTi. I have a cat back, still have a centre box, they give you a tiny new backbox, then you can pick the tailpipes. All work is covered under lifetime warranty, and they'll recommend you come back in after its bedded for some FOC tweaks in nessessary.

Mine is a "Mild-Sport" note, but they do Standard, Mild Sport, Mid Sport and Full Sport.

Its definately worth getting a quote mate, where are you based? I'll dig out my pics and vids of my system if it helps.

:)

£290 aint bad at all :D

So am i right in saying that powerflow and longlife are the only two places that do cat-back systems for a lupo sport?

Im sure there are plenty others out there, but i only know of Pflow and Longlife because ive had both their systems (Pflow was on my A3 though)

As far as im aware, Wolfrace have just emerged on the exhaust scene but i could be wrong. Best thing to do imho would be to phone TopGear. They will then put you in touch with your closest franchise.

But seriously, dont write off Longlife just beacuse theyre cheap, the quality of their work is excellent and they take time to explain things if your a tad slow like me :)

Keep an eye on my Readers Rides thread at the end of the week/weekend. My Raceland manifold will have been fitted, de-cat and mid-box removal done. Already fitted BMC CDA and I'll be having it RR'd and possibly remapped following this on Friday. I'm sticking with standard back box though as I like the tailpipe :blush:

the sport and the gti use the same manifold both are restrictive in fact the manifold is tiny compared to the raceland one

Any news on the janspeed work? Im still waiting with open arms for the system!

I emailed them yesterday if they had any more info on new prices and that.

And also to get my car booked in for the manifold, just waiting to hear back from them now.

Dont worry i'll keep you all updated ;)

The cat on a lupo is situated after the down pipe in the mid section.

on a sport it has the pre cat in the manifold on a gti in is in the down pipe !!

what does everyone think of fitting the Gti exhaust mani to the sport? is it slightly bigger?

a gti manifold will just get rid of the pre cat think paulbin has or had one on his sport

the sport and the gti use the same

wrong as stated above i know as i have all 3 manifolds 1.4 75bhp 1.4 16v sport and a gti :shades:

Edited by noddy1

im talking dimensions

and with the pre cat in it they all go to pot as it restricts it :wacko: