BackBox...What do you think??

claire_09x

Hi everyone...Currently my 1.4 16v Loop has no backbox...

It fell Off on the motorway! So obviously im going to replace it, but rather than just putting a standard one back on I think ill put a performance one. Hopefully doing that should increase the performance of my car coz theres not much back pressure at the mo!!

As im a poor student :( lol I havnt got much money but obviulsy want something that will do....ive found this one off the bay and was just wondering what people think!????

exhaustjpg2.jpg

exhaust.jpg

Thanks x

Yeah, I know that the performance wont increase much coz to do that obviously you would need a full system custom made, but i was just hoping that it'l look and sound ok and supply a bit more back pressure which is obviously missing at the mo! Im going to get it welded to the standard center pipe, but do you reckon that if i wanted to change it in a few months(when ive got a bit more money) i could move it to the middle somehow?

So long as yours has the centre exit already, you'll be able to fit another centre exit - I'm guessing you may well do as its a 16v. Might be worth measuring the space available though and getting some measurements of any other one you want to fit, just to make sure and save paying twice.

Alternatively, get a really cheap backbox (I don't know how much that one is, but I've seen them around for £30, or visit a scrappy) to at least give you an exhaust again, then save up and do it properly with just the tips you want later.

I always said I'd get a dual exit when mine broke - a badger took out my old one, but I didn't have the money at the time so ran for about 3 months with no backbox at all (and no front plate either) :lol: I didn't have to drive much though, cos its very loud and farty as I'm sure you've discovered!

BTW if you don't have the centre exit already, you'll have to either run the pipes under the wheel well (see the Jetex exhaust), or chop a section out of it.