Does anyone in North East have VAG com?

As above- my car isnt starting as well as it should so wondering if anyone in north east has vag com i could come and hook my car up to?

Its not due a service for a long while yet so shouldnt be spark plugs or leads etc.

much appreciated!

Edited by Gemma

When you say not starting well do you mean it just keeps turning over for a few seconds when you start it, as if the fuel isn't reaching the engine straight away?

Mine did 1.4 did that and it was because the fuel pump wasn't priming when I opened the door. The switch in the door could be broken.

In other news I think I saw you on the A1 near Washington Services last Saturday in the morning. I was going the other way!

I've still not seen your car in the flesh :P

Kam- Yeah would have been me if it was about 9ish?

You have... a few weeks after i bought it i was at VW Festival parked about 3 cars along from you lol! :P But yes i will have to make another appearance soon. How come you didnt come to the Angel meet or did i miss you? i was a little late.

and Chie... that would be great if you dont mind.

Jon-its priming fine from what i can here. It turns over and starts but dies straight away unless you keep the key turned for a while?! Sometimes its worse than other times i start it.

Its strange because it normal starts really quickly.. quicker than any other car i've had before until recently when its been playing up. Nearly didnt get it started a few months ago then it didnt happen again until a few weeks ago so thought it was just a one off.

Edited by Gemma

It turns over and starts but dies straight away unless you keep the key turned for a while?!

Could be to do with the immobiliser? I know when I got my flip key blade cut I tried it in the ignition, the car the car started fine but cut out straight away as there was no transponder chip in the key.

Maybe try your spare key and see if it still does it?

Could be to do with the immobiliser? I know when I got my flip key blade cut I tried it in the ignition, the car the car started fine but cut out straight away as there was no transponder chip in the key.

Maybe try your spare key and see if it still does it?

hmmm.. it does start with a little effort so im not sure. it could be playing up so i'll give it a go! worth a try!

Edited by Gemma

Kam- Yeah would have been me if it was about 9ish?

You have... a few weeks after i bought it i was at VW Festival parked about 3 cars along from you lol! :P But yes i will have to make another appearance soon. How come you didnt come to the Angel meet or did i miss you? i was a little late.

Yeah it was about then. I was taking my mate daan saaaf to pick up a car.

I wasn't at the Angel meet, I didn't even know there was one on, lol.

you dl vagcom from the official site and you can use cartain parts of it but you need a serial key which is what you pay for basically

Do you have a link to this site mate? I have a cable and a laptop, I just don't have software :(

Yeah it was about then. I was taking my mate daan saaaf to pick up a car.

I wasn't at the Angel meet, I didn't even know there was one on, lol.

Do you have a link to this site mate? I have a cable and a laptop, I just don't have software :(

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/

the sw is free:) you can scan odds and sods i think it gives you 3 errors and then tells you to register and pay lots of cash

pm me and ill explain ;)