Newbie, First Car Lupo.

PLuKE

Hi folks. Am currently learning to drive at the moment, I have my theory in less than two weeks and i really wanna get a move on with everything including a car. My plan was to sell my motorbike (R6) after i had a big crash at Oulton Park but after thinking about selling and having it up for sale i just cant do it!, I just cant live without racing or having a bike in the garage. So am having to look at my money, Racing is bloody expensive and i havent got thousands burning a whole in my pocket so am looking at a Lupo now i was looking at the 6N2 Polo 1.4 TDi but now i cant afford it if am carring on racing. After a saw dubweiser2005 Lupo i fell for the Lupos!. So my few questions are this....

1) How much will i be looking for a 1.0L Lupo (am thinking of insurance cost as am 20yrs old) with average miles? on say 99-00 model?.

2) What should i look out for when buying? Is there any common problems with them? I know its a VW so i cant see many if any.

3) What can Lupos be dropped to with scrubbing on 14" or 15"?.

4) What is the starting cost of getting coilovers? and some 14" deepdish, I know it depends on make etc just a starting cost?.

Thanks in advance!.

Luke

Edited by PLuKE

If you are 20 insurence shouldn't be a difficulty.

Normally people don't go further than 80mm.

to see what kind of prices wheels go for

check out ww.dubmeister.co.uk

Or the www.edition38.co.uk forums.

If you are looking to do budget lowering check out ebay.

welcome to the club :)

best places to check for loops are here ;), autotrader and pistonheads. you may also find a bargain at a dealer if you can get some freebies thrown in!

insurance shouldnt be bad on a 1.0l at 20.

theres a few threads around about problems so if you do a search that should answer a few questions there! cant really think of any major ones on the 1.0l though, never had any problems with mine.

usually drop around 60-80mm depending on width/offset of wheels. there are quite a few budget coilovers around you can get, or second hand ones. not had any experience with these but i'd recommend greasing up the thread or they can rust up

good luck with the search!