Indicating problems!

My 1.0S Arosa seems to be having issues with its indicators.

My mum has mentioned it before and i checked them out but they seemed to work ok.

Anyway it started playing up tonight.

If you put the left indicator on slightly, say to change lanes on a motorway, the tick is fast (as if a bulb is out, but they all work). And it also ticks fast if you pull the stalk all the way down past the click so it stays on, but only if you dont pull it right down. Otherwise its fine.

Ive found that when its ticking fast non of the indicators come on, but when its ticking normally they work as normal. And work fine with the right indicators.

So this sounds to me like a bad connection?

But how do i get to the switch in the indicator stalk? or do i just need a new part.

It looks like ill have to take off the steering couling, but im not too sure how this comes apart.

Ive also noticed the drivers side speaker isnt working, it just makes the odd crackling noise. I wonder what this can be?

Cheers for the help in advance, in hopeing to have a look at these problems tomorrow so was just looking for some help as to what i should do to fix them.

:)

Mine does this every so often. Also since fitting the amp, if i indicate right it makes the speaker crackle. The dealer told me, my car had a stalk fitted under warranty, sometime ago......but think it must a fault?

Edited by Dougie

:o Really.

The speaker is effected by the indicator? I wasnt really expecting that.

Although i dont think the speaker works at all, not just when the indicator isnt working.

Ill go and try it now and see if the crackling is connected to the indicator.

What the fix for this if it is?

Well ive just been to check.

And the speaker is working again :confused: but there was nothing before, just crackling.

It doesnt seem to be effected by the indicator though, although i was faffing around with the indicator for a while before so maybe...

It seems the switch is on its way out then :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem with my 1.0 loop, but it played up after a hit and run accident(Golf hit me and run away :angry2: ), my hand must of knocked the stalk because it would click in double time (like a blown bulb) but the dash has no flashing arrow.

Cost me £45 + VAT from VW but i got someone to fit it, cant be annoyed with Removing Steering Wheel, Airbags etc

And it works fine now! :rolleyes: