new owner info needed

eatthisvr6

iv just bought a lupo 14.s or sport its got the centre exhaust (i thought they were the same thing not sure which iv got blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) as a 2nd car/wifes car (like the look of em and wanna stay vag) its a w reg in black the engine seems to pull ok quite nippy tbh i havnt researched the cars at all and would like any and all usefull info ie facelifts variant diffrences common faults etc

does anybody have a stock cd headunit for sale its got a sony in atm and its pretty crap

the clutch seems a bit heavy and the gearchange is a little notchy is this normal (my vr aint exactly the best gearbox ever made)

what seats are a straight swap?

how easy is it to do the exhaust manifold gasket as its blowing somewhere around there

what suspensions recomended as the rear suspension bobs a bit (may go with stock)

whats the average price for cambelt change as its overdue car has 79k on it

im gonna attempt to clean it quick tomorow il get some pics up after

heres our other motor btw smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

iv just bought a lupo 14.s or sport its got the centre exhaust (i thought they were the same thing not sure which iv got

if the exhaust is a centre exit similar to the GTI then you have the 100bhp Sport model , if the exhaust is hiden under the bumper then its the 75bhp 1.4

as a 2nd car/wifes car (like the look of em and wanna stay vag) its a w reg in black the engine seems to pull ok quite nippy tbh i havnt researched the cars at all and would like any and all usefull info ie facelifts variant diffrences common faults etc

just the pedal box issue really , see below

the clutch seems a bit heavy and the gearchange is a little notchy is this normal (my vr aint exactly the best gearbox ever made)

if the clutch is biting about a 1cm off the floor then your pedal box is away . common fault on the sports for some reason yet 80% of VW garages claim never to heard of it ... ever sport WILL suffer from it at some point in its life , theres plenty of thread on it somewhere , you can reweld the box you have cause even if you buy a new one its the same part and will fail again , so when you go to take it out , you could save a bit of cash and weld it up good and proper and then it will be stronger than standard

No facelifts; all the Lupos were the same.

Yeah, sounds like it could maybe be the pedal box, many people have had them replaced free of charge at a dealers as a good will gesture, you'll probably need to get some evidence from here though, and point them in the direction of the club, as none of them have ever heard of it. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Golf mk4 Recaros will fit in with a small amount of modification, just need to grind a little bit off the bottom to give clearance of the carpet.

How to guide here written by yours truly. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> How to fit mk4 recaros

You don't get a CD headunit, as such. Just a CD deck that plugs into the back of the tape deck. The come up occasionally for sale on here, but eBay is probably your best bet, seem to go for around the 90 quid mark (or is that just the 6 disc changers? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> )

Go for coilovers, you know you want to. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> PhilJ sells them for about 200 on here and clublupo.

Enjoy it. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Go for coilovers, you know you want to. PhilJ sells them for about 200 on here and clublupo

haha dont tempt me the problem is itl be my ladys 1st car so insurance is an issue

Golf mk4 Recaros will fit in with a small amount of modification, just need to grind a little bit off the bottom to give clearance of the carpet

do the mk4s slide forward as far as lupo jobbies? i like the way they get right out of the way for rear entry (got 3 yr old kid)

was leather ever an option on lupos?

Yeah, sounds like it could maybe be the pedal box

bite isnt that low just the pedals a bit stiff maybe a little heavy for my wife

I think they still jump forwards like the Lupo seats, but to be honest, mine don't slide backwards and forwards very easily at all, they still catch on the carpet a lot. Probably not much use if you often use two different driving positions for two drivers. I just leave mine in the same position all the time.

Leather was an option on GTI's, not sure if it was on other models. Came as standard on Colour Concepts. A leather GTI interior will fetch about 1000 on here it seems, and they don't come up very often at all.