need help, no power, no revs no nothing :(

hey guys, last night i went the petrol station filled up a full tank of unleaded, then drove 20 miles to stoke... stayed there for maybe 2 or so hours n then went to drive home, it was fine for a few metres but then when i went to accelerate round a roundabout i must of got to about 3000 revs n then everything just stopped, music was playing still an my lights stayed on, but i couldnt give it any revs so it just wouldnt move at all the EPC and exhaust emisions check light came on aswell... i turned the ignition on and off a good 10 or so times before it would let me rev it again...

basically i wonna know if anyones had a problem like this and why it happend? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It sounds to me like it went into limp home mode, it was probably just having a moment, but if you get it plugged into vag com it will have recorded a fault code and should give you some idea of why it did it.

It sounds to me like it went into limp home mode, it was probably just having a moment, but if you get it plugged into vag com it will have recorded a fault code and should give you some idea of why it did it.

Sweet cheers luke, il get it plugged in tonight smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

all the lights have gone off now, but ive not driven it since, so i dont know if it will cut out at certain revs or whatever... my mate should be letting me use his vag com thingy tonight to find out the problem... ill let you know what it says smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />