GTi Auxilary Belts..

Anyone else facing this problem, or any dealers out there can confirm/deny.

My GTi's belt needs changing - the power steering pipe had been rubbing on it. Perfectly driveable, but want to sort before selling.

My Sis works at a VW garage so based on the reg # she got me a belt and sent it up. Didn't have a chance to do it myself, so dropped it into my local stealer (£45 seemed reasonable). Now turns out the belt I've got is the wrong one and the right ones are on back order - now I've been waiting for 2 weeks now and they still haven't sourced one.

Can such a common part be so difficult to get hold of?

the power steering pipe had been rubbing on it

Slight side note mate. If it is the rubber hose that has been rubbing on the belt them possibly may need to get the hose replaced (or at least take a look at it). There were a couple of Gti's on here who suffered power steering hose splitting after it came out of the plastic clip on the chassis rail and chaffed against the side of the auxiliary drive belt.

• 3 months later...
Slight side note mate. If it is the rubber hose that has been rubbing on the belt them possibly may need to get the hose replaced (or at least take a look at it). There were a couple of Gti's on here who suffered power steering hose splitting after it came out of the plastic clip on the chassis rail and chaffed against the side of the auxiliary drive belt.

Hiyer Mate.

Iv had exactly this problem i urgently need a replacement hose

do you have any idea were i could get one from apart from the

dealers cus they are taking ages.