PS3 Info please?

Bikerz

Im going into hospital soon for a serious operation with regard to my spine and nervous system to try and correct it after my motorbike accident 3 years ago. Il be in hospital for at least a week after op and they cant say how long before Il be able to walk again. (and drive Lupo confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> )

Ellen has kindley offered to buy me a PS3 wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> to keep me entertained. Im trying to do my research and answer all my questions, but I thourght a few words on here would help me clear up a few things too.

Internet, is it all inbuilt(wireless card) and free? Can I browse say clublupo on it? As in all I have to do is wirelessly connect?

What wireless products do you use for yours? Netgear?

What games do you recomend?

Do any of you have this intercooler as they call it to keep it cool?

What leads do they come with, regarding connecting to TV? HDMI , S- Video, scart? I know you can buy what you want, but what do they come with?

Thanks

Sheldon

ps3 comes with normal scart lead, but if u find the right place they include a hdmi cable (play.com).

they do a good deal in game, 425 quid and comes with motorstorm, resistance and fight night round 3.

yeah wireless is built in, i used mine with a belkin54g router, worked a treat. you can indeed browse the web on your ps3 but i advise buying a bluetooth keyboard and mouse just to make it easier for you.

i browsed club lupo quite a lot.

online gaming is good fun, all in all you cant go wrong...

plus, screw the intercooler you dont need that crap!!

recommended games...

Call Of Duty 3 - the online base is good, great fun, kept me busy for hours

Motorstorm - fantastic game and again online is ace!

Resistance FOM - again online is good but the one player is good too, particularly tested me compared to Gears of War which i finished in a week.

up&coming good games - colin mcrae dirt, gta4, fifa 08, pes 2008, call of duty 4 (modern warfare)

The guy said he has a 360, so therefore would be pointless imo

i agree, personally i wouldnt spend that type of money on a console anymore. for 425quid id get myself a laptop and a couple of games.

i agree, personally i wouldnt spend that type of money on a console anymore. for 425quid id get myself a laptop and a couple of games.

you ain't gonna be playing any decent games on a £425 laptop blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think some of you are missing a part of the point. I wont be able to move for a while after this op (and when i say move, I mean at all). Therefore I can browse net and play games from 1 place. Thanks for the advice.

Can anyone say what I will need to connect to net? Will a netgear 834N do? Is that all I will need?

Cheers

Sheldon

WOW a PS3 can connect to a PC and play music from it?! NOW THAT I IMPRESSIVE

you're a c0ck. not like i described it as groundbreaking technology is it?? simply said it was handy as bikerz wont be too mobile after his op.

grow up man.

you're a c0ck. not like i described it as groundbreaking technology is it?? simply said it was handy as bikerz wont be too mobile after his op.

grow up man.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

He can stream music from his PC to his 360.

Thanks

I didnt know I could stream music to either to be fair.lol

Cheers thats answered all my worries, Il get a nice new Netgear 834N soon (its listed on sonys site as compatible) and I like netgear stuff

He can stream music from his PC to his 360.

yeah by spending about 50 quid extra on the wireless thing, or by having it plugged in by ethernet... but as we know, this guy is a wireless chappy.

ps3 has wireless built in, because sony are clever.

i had trouble connecting mine wirelessly to a linksys router.had to buy new router.

tekken 5 (downloadable) is a good bet £6 possibly?

cod3 is decent, online good too

only problem is few games support mouse & kb as yet (probably wont matter due to situation)

if you are looking for cheap games......blockbuster (in leeds area at least) offer £30 trade in for any game.....play.com are selling gundam for £16.....works out quite well smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if possible i would get HD set up....... theres a massive difference..

can be done for around £230 (22" BenQ FP222WH) - monitor is supposed to do 1080p. just add speakers & cables.

Ive got a 52" plasma downstairs (mum and dads) its HD, but clearly not as good as a LCD one. Its 10months old tho so quite new. I have a Llyama 24" monitor on pc (my pride and joy) the best of the best so will try on this and see if i can put up with the small screen. Thanks

24" should be nice. im on 22" tft and is decent.

your monitor will have a DVI-D socket of some kind. HDMI to DVI-D works well, just use audio via normal cable - rca.

Unreal Tournament 3 / 2007 looks good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> cant wait for that myself

How come no-one has mentioned Motorstorm as a game to get?!!! If I were you mate that would be fist on my list! Especially as the game takes ages to complete so you will get plenty of life out of it.

Get well soon!!!!!!

Oh btw Bikerz if u want me to look after your car for you wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />??? haha only jokin!