Schmidt Modern Lines 15x8 - Help!

PeteDawson

been looking at wheels lately, it definately is the hardest job of car styling! its down to either brock b5's (which i know will go on fine) or Schmidt Modern Lines. Iv seen a bloke on here run them, 15x8 et20 with 165x45x15!!! way too much of a stretch for my liking - could i go et25 and run 175/50 or 185/45 instead? just thinking et 25 will make the sit in the arches a little more? Any help with this would be great as i want to get them ordered asap. thanks

u'll need arch work but the tyres will work and will have a slight stretch upto 195's. click my pick for info on my wheels. will giv u an idea as i have 8's on the rear et14

and you dont need anny arch work, that is a load of bullshit, my car is lowered about 100mm and it doesnt rub annywher, and ther is lot of room for 195/45r15 no problem!

edit, not my car annymore, sold it 2weeks ago! hehe

Edited by duplostyle

even though et25 are going to make them sit 10mm closer into the arch than yours? i also saw someone on here think it was duplosport or someone with a name like that, slammed on modern lines, with no archwork?

i ran my 7.5 et20 on the back for a while when it was lowered 60mm. it rubbed so bad the tyres needed changin after bout a week. i think dub is gettin away with it caus of the 165 tyres. with my wheels in standard form 6.5 et 33 on the back they cleared fine with the tyres but the fronts caught a wee touch. if u lower 40mm u may well get away with it on ur own but with people in the car i could c a problem. my mate is runnin 7 inch wide on a decent high offset and his rubs like **** at the back.

Glen

they're fk highsports which half the members on here run so id say they're alright lol. all i no is i run 195 tyres on a 15 which is 8 inches wide and et 14 and it rubs. and it did the same on a 7.5 et 20. i do think a 165 tyre would clear though. my car is lowered bout 90mm and with peeps in the back and the arches rolled it still catches a wee bit just at the back though.

anywho stick the wheels on and find out lol.

Glen

look mate i aint gonna argue he asked if they'll fit and from my experience with toyo t1r's they wont. i ran the same tyres from a 6.5 et33 up to an 8 et 14. 6.5 were fine but anythin higher will rub. and fks may not b the best but my car aint exactly quick so they have no need to be race breed and i think they're set up pretty good.

Glen

Edited by scoobydoo