Help Needed with K&N Induction!!!

tdwindustries

Hey all,

Ages ago I picked up a cheap K&N induction and didnt really like the look so never fitted it. But with Inters this weekend I thought might as well stick it on...

problem is I cant get the airbox off. I cant get that central screw out!!! And the instructions are a bit wrong - they say unclip the box, take it off then undo the screw.... but surely thats not right?????

HELP! Please! if anyone knows how to fit it let me know (or how to get that screw out would be a start).

Cheers tim

Central screw is an allen key bolt, you'll need an allen key socket, extension and a ratchet. If you havent got that then undo all the bolts holding the airbox lid on and take the lid off, then take out the filter and you'll have much better access to the allen key bolt and should be able to get to it with a regular allen key.

Hope this helps

aha - yes poobah that does help. I guessed a rachet would help - I have a screwdriver type and cant get enough leverage.

Now, where are the filter bolts and what type are they? (I am not in front of car!)

cheers for the help guys

@gargoil mine is def. allen key

You.ve got around 8 bolts around the outside of the filter box, l think they might be 13mm but l could be wrong. 4 at the back, 3 at the front and one at the side l think. Really easy to get to. Ratchet and socket job. Might need a small extension, not positive though.