lupo 1.4 mpi auto

G40chris

i just bought this for the misses today.

r reg in red 89k on clock.

all that needs doing is a bush on lower arm and cv gaitor

i was wondering that is the engine on this ever blew up for some reason, could i use any other engine and still use the auto box. is this possible. could i use a polo gt lump or a 1.4 16v lupo lump and mate it to an auto box.

its a tidy car but not as fun to drive as my old lupo tdi was

im guesssing that its a mk1 arosa auto and NOT a lupo as in the title?

im almost definate that a sport engine would fit as the 1.4 8v MPI is the engine i have and from general looking about the bottom ends are the same on the 8v & 16v just the rods and top end etc are different

id imagine you have to change quite a few parts to do it as it almost certainly wouldnt be a straight swap

but i have one question with no offence meant why? an 8v isnt going to be that quick on an auto box and id imagine that dropping a sport engine in on an auto box would make it about equal to a manual 8v? unless they arent as bad as i think? i cant coment ill admit because i havent driven one but the other autos i have driven have been unfriendly and i wouldnt like to spend time changing an engine and still be restricted by the box

out of interst though how much did you pay? and good luck with it

wayne

yeah it is an arosa sorry

i paid £750

15.7 0-60 good enough for the misses

not a bad price if it runs and drives nice?

and mines 14.2 with the manual box so if we calculate the transmision losss the same then with a sport engine it would be roughly 11.5 0-60 which for the work (ecu, loom etc etc) i dont think its worth the gain

good news though the 1.4 MPi as you will know is common as hell in the mk4 polo so youll always be able to get a spare wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> and have no excuse for a conversion tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

wayne