Pics of Viper Kit on GTi

Poobah

QUOTE(Poobah)
Heres a link to the pics of the Viper Kit on my GTi as described in the post below. I've still yet to get some more heat insulation for the kit but it already has produced impressive results. Can some one let me know that this link works. What do you reckon? Cheers people

http://groups.msn.com/PoobahsGTi/shoebox.m....msnw?Page=Last

Chris

Chris hope you dont mind mate but i have just joined you msn group gonna put one of my black gti pics up too

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep thats fine, anyone feel free to put up pics of your motors if you want. I'll sort them into albums in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds pretty throaty to be honest. But nice throaty, not k&n cheap induction borp. Just got the coilovers fitted so l'll post some pics once l've got the suspension set to the right height l'll post a pic or two. Also got a load of Samco to replace the flexible ducting on the Viper kit so that'll go on when l get a spare 5 mins. Cost me £150!! For Tubing!! but what the hell it'll look sweet and nice and professional.

Chris I really wanna see your car in the flesh.

Fancy a meet?

IMGP0473.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

That what you trying to do Alan?

You have to delete everything after JPG mate.

Yeah l was gonna mount the piping into the front grill but after close inspection l realised that there is no free space that isnt covered by rediator. When l fit the new Samco hosing that will go down to the lower right hand vent at the bottom of the bumper. Gonna be a bit of a pain though l reckon.

always up for a meet Tigz. i've only got the Viper and the coilovers at the moment but its looking ok.

Far too expensive stuff when you need custom lengths l can tell ya! Nearly passed out when my credit card bill came.

Chris

You mean the side lights? in the bumper? kinda need them for mot dont ya?

Chris

QUOTE(Poobah)
You mean the side lights? in the bumper? kinda need them for mot dont ya?

Chris

yeah side / main beam ones. yeah you need em on a gti smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but hey only at MOT and night time. yeah ok its a crap idea, but would look like a cup car

Not a crap idea, l thought about it for a while but couldn't think of a way round it. would look really sweet though. hmmmm needs more thinking time.

Chris

what than now or after taking out the lights?

I mean its possible but you would have to lose the xenons. put some indicators somewhere then you could have a wishbone style double air intake - one from each light hole, joining up and forced through bigger pipe into the induction kit.... hmm maybe thats a bit over the top

QUOTE(Poobah)
always up for a meet Tigz. i've only got the Viper and the coilovers at the moment but its looking ok.

A standard GTi makes me mess my pants, one with coilovers makes me mess others! pmsl laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

haha sweet mate, well let me know a time and date and we'll have a mini meet? We should really bring that Sheffield Meet topic in Events to the top again as we've got at least 5 ppl interest.

Looking forward to seeing that side exit up close twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" /> . Maybe you can help me with decisions over my new system.

Chris

QUOTE(Poobah)
Maybe you can help me with decisions over my new system.

Chris

You know how to get me somewhere dont ya? lol

Ya course I will mate, got some real great ideas for systems in a Loop Gti, nice and light wieght!

Nice, like the sound of that. I've got a few idea's but l'm not sure which way to go. Wanted a side exit with a 4" x 1" square slot for the exit but then l'm left with the gti bumper with a gap in it! Might go for something quite standard looking but a bit bigger and `f-ing` loud.

Im thinking about changing the tail pipe on mine to something a little thinner.

Ascar do a tail pipe called the letter box. Is about as wide as mine is, but only about 3/4" thick instead of the 3" thats there now.

you read my mind! Thats the one l was looking at, reckon that would look real nice and subtle coming out the side. L so want it but l reckon its gonna have to come out of the rear bumper.

Chris

thats why my bumpers so cool, no cut out biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

There is loads of cool pipes that'd look the **** though mate.