delocking

JordanLUPO

thinking of delocking and removing the handles get remote entry will i need to get the whole door resprayed or just part of the pannel was gonna do it my self but then thought if i go wrong will look shi*y lol

any 1 had it done and costs?> spanks alot all

jordan biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

thinking of delocking and removing the handles get remote entry will i need to get the whole door resprayed or just part of the pannel was gonna do it my self but then thought if i go wrong will look shi*y lol

any 1 had it done and costs?> spanks alot all

jordan biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

whole door spray job im afraid

maybe even front wing too just to gte a better colour match

Depends what colour you car is, and if you have bump strips? if you do then it will be easy to blend from them but if you don’t then Jamie is correct, will be a whole door job...maybe not front wing too... but all depends really.

Also, the recess would need smoothing and filling and spraying, which isn’t really a DIY job, unless you’ve got the kit/space/knowledge?

Will look sweet though, smooth as a baby's ass thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

Anf.

easy enough to fill the recess was making up my mind other day and i think i may try it i want a smooth lupo and was thinkin to fill bond n smooth the bumpers into the body also inc the lines on the bumpers and bottom of the doors to give a very smooth effect or this goin 2 mad?

easy enough to fill the recess was making up my mind other day and i think i may try it i want a smooth lupo and was thinkin to fill bond n smooth the bumpers into the body also inc the lines on the bumpers and bottom of the doors to give a very smooth effect or this goin 2 mad?

Indeed anything is easy, it’s doing it properly that isn’t always that easy, to fill the whole recess it would take a little more than just a bit of filler, I would recommend welding a piece in then filling then smoothing then spraying, because that amount of filler will (after about 6/8 months) will split especially as its on a door that will be opened and closed causing harsh vibrations through the door.

A local body shop should fill (with sheet metal and a welder) smooth and re-spray for about £100 - £180 and if you get the other door and even other bits smoothed and sprayed it will make the whole job way cheaper, and you know its being done professionally (not saying you won’t do a good job by the way mate, just trying to save disappointment)

It’s your choice at the end of the day mate.

What colour is your car by the way?

Anf.

cars silver , yeah was planning to weld sheet or solder some then weld sheet then filler etc i may do that bit my self then get the garage to spray, thats the horriable thing its silver lol a basta*d to spray lol i have a spray kit and everthing but dont wanan atemp it lol

Edited by JordanLUPO

any chance of a pic dean? and cost n effort?

there u go mate only cost for paint that was £19 for a litre from halfords then a small bit of effort but thought it was easy as i've done a bit of boby work in the past

DSC00369.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00363.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00364.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00362.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00361.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by dean

wow looks the mutz lol well done to you i ahve a spray gun running at 15 bar should do the trick? and if it goes wrong ill pay 4 some 1 else to do it lol £19 gotta b worth a bash biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

dean, that's a crackin job mate, well done.

As for all the smoothing, why mould the bumpers into the body work?? What happens if you get a front or rear end shunt, cracks the whole paintwork and all of a sudden its not only the bumper you've got to replace. Deffo smooth the bumpers individually though and the line down the side but smoothing them into the body is a little too extreme and a bit stoopid IMO.