vw badge at rear? - has it got an indent behind it?

alexfernihough

I saw a lupo that had been attempted to be modified pretty poorly last night it didnt have a vw badge at the back.

if there is an indent behind it it seemed a lot of work concidering what else had been done.

if there is no indent i'll remove the badge now but if there is i'll leave it to the bodyshop to do when it has everything else done

Alex,

im considering a smooth boot with no VW bade or handle but am wondering how to do the boot solenoid thing.

i have no door locks at all, so i rely on the key fob, but they dont fail often and i have the spare at home.

However, what you doing for a boot pop from inside the car. Are you going to use a universal kit (that may be cheap quality) or adapt one from another VW model?

ive seen them done with a manually operated cable, probably just a bonnet cable adapted, much simpler to fit and no electrics to go wrong or require cleverly wiring in!

Darren

i like the idea of the whole smooth thing but my concern is if it backs up or battery goes flat how do you get in ????

(Slidehammer Crowbar)

Somethings got to stay tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

i'm leaving it all to the bodyshop to sort out the rear boot opened from what i have ssen it's dead easy you just replace the motion created by pulling the handle with a solenoid.

at the moment i'm thinking of putting the open button behind the grommett that i have used to replace the rear wiper.

i'm also wiring up a battery jack socket under the car so that if the battery fails i can still charge it up without lifting the bonnet