Delocked Doorhandles - Do the rear handles off MKIV Golfs fit?

Lupo_Loopy

Its all in the header really...

Having said that, is it an easy job to do in a manner where you can refit the stock ones when it comes to time to sell the car? Its just when I did a similar conversion on my Corsa, It was v. difficult to perform the 'operation' in such a manner. Also, pain in the ass when the battery runs flat, but then thats what the boot lock is for, right? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

post a message for fin - he got the blanks (where the lock normally is) from the rear handles of another vw - dead straight forward to do, and cheap as chips - £14 or something stupid - he showed me at the RR day! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> (he'd just bought the bits!

Mine is going in to VW this Saturday to be delocked.

You need:

2 covers to replace the small part of the handle with the lock in it, £2 each (from new Lupo passenger door, fits both sides according to VW).

2 spacers to blank the lock hole off in the door. £2 each.

Painting £24.

Ftting £60 (rip off methinks).

+vat (extreme rip off i am sure).

Will let you all know how easy it goes next week, supposed to take an hour according to the chimps at VW.

Also make sure you keep the locks.

Otherwise if ever you or then next owner wants them back in it could cause real hastle. New lock set=new ignition, new fuel filler and new keys+coding to match the new door locks you would need.

Dont let them do it for you! Its so easy its not even funny! at £60 theyre ripping you off! I just asjed the parts guy @ VAG how to do it, and he told me! 20 minutes, both sides, tops!

a) remove popper in line with door handle

cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> unscreww screw beneath popper

c) undo `star-bolt` in line with door handle

d) remove, now loose & free lock barrel & cover

e)poke in forementioned spacer,

f) clip in cover

g) reverse stages c thru a.

h) and repeat

i) and enjoy self done mod!

I needed some star drive ratchet things, that cost me £15 from Hellfords, but its still cheaper than £60 :devil:

Hope this shared wisdom helps

Craig,

PS, get my bits on Tuesday, so we'll see if Im so bolshy then wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i got the set from halfords too. lost most of the ones i need though! ???

ok set about doin this at the weekend as in last months ' the golf' mag it showed you how yeah the parts cost about 5 quid and i had them painted for free but when i had went to fit them the metal blankin parts which are from a mk 4 golf make it so the handle does not open the door! bit of an ass realy, and it did look so smooth, might have a look for the part no if i remember either that or you guys get the part no. i recon metal blankin plates for polo rear doors might work.

and just for the record i did think of this first biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Had my parts for my handles on order for 6 weeks now. Finally arrived so VW have agreed to fit them tommorrow.

All parts required came from a Lupo (according to dealer) as they reckon new Lupo doesnt have passenger side lock so buy 2 sets of passenger side blanks.

Fin: VW may be talkin rubbish but if the spacers they are going to fit to my car are for Lupo then it should solve your handle not opening problem.

Loopy: Read you message and post. Cheers for the help but ive aleady been partly ripped off cos ive had the covers painted at £20. Part cost £8 as well. Could still save labour i suppose but they said they are also taking all the lock mechanism out the door and just leaving the electrics to lock and deadlock. This way there will be no linkage to force should and crook try to force entry.