My Raid steering wheel

I bought this afew months back and was guna wait till it was fitted before I posted some pic's up.

Well i cant wait any longer so here you go.

So looking forward to get on the car, and should be on by next week raid4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

raid2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

raid3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

raid.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by vworks41

Nice.

Didn't know they made aftermarket airbag wheels.

In my opinion it doesn't look as good as the standard GTI wheel but it looks like it'll feel a lot better.

Yeah there the only ones, I just think the GTi steering wheel is far to skinny to be a true sports wheel.

I missed my chunky momo but still wanted an air bag, it does feel nice though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Try www.raidhp.co.uk they got loads of good stuff.

Mine's a silverline 340mm and cost £300 with adaptor.

Edited by vworks41

Fitted the raid today, and gotta say I'm well pleased with it incar1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

incar2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

incar3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I'll get some better pic's up tomorrow.

Hell yeah!

Reminds me of the one in my DB7 ...

6fjrbed.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Cool, it that really yours mate?

No paperbag.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":paperbag:" border="0" alt="paperbag.gif" />

Give me five years or so?

Back on topic, how did you connect the airbag in the wheel to the existing wiring?

No paperbag.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":paperbag:" border="0" alt="paperbag.gif" />

Give me five years or so?

Back on topic, how did you connect the airbag in the wheel to the existing wiring?

The raid uses the same conection as the standard one.

Looks good. PS Radio on the bottom is saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cheers, Radio on the bottom is the latest in car craze laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Some better exposed pic's

incar6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

incar4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

incar5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

i still cant get my steering wheel off:p

The airbags a real bitch to get off, Had to make my own tool in the end.

Can do it in 5mins now rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I try a screw driver first, but the handle got in the way of the steering column and i couldn't get the right angle to twist it.

Even tryed to bend it but it was just to hard and shattered blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

In the end i found a piece of 3mm stainless rod, hammer finished the end to 5mm and filed it off just like a screw driver.

I then bent it to 90 degrees with the end being 60mm long and just stuck an old handle on it.

Took about 10mins to make, job done smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />