1.4 16v Engine Mounts

racerkart

Hello All

Need some help here before I get the welder and box section out - and a chop saw and grinder.

Appealing to anyone with the 100bhp engine, mainly Arosa but the Lupo should be the same. The engine mount i have is the one used in 75bhp polo engines - black pressed type - this sits forward of the chassis mount in a 1.0 Arosa. I am sure that there is an alloy formed type that sits further back and would line up better. Been to VW but they can't comment. Does anyone have a sport and pictures of the engine mounts? I am about 70mm out currently.

Really?

The engine mounts on my 1.0 Lupo and the 1.4 75hp Polo engine I have fitted had the same engine mounts.

Even same part numbers.

Really Really...This was what we found during the conversion and looked in some 98 polos and found the same thing but to make it fit using the black bracket the engine mount has to be turned 180 degs making that part misalign. See Link Below and let me know what you think. http://www.flickr.com/photos/44953197@N00/444906202/ Edited by racerkart