Ice Advice please...

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/130/...256C/index.html

Just bought the ^above^ and will be fitting it in a custom build very soon. Can anyone please tell me what size box i should put it in and what is the benefit of putting in an air port/tube??

thanks.

Hi mate, has the sub not arrived yet? if so it should have the the box requirements in the user manual. and as for the port question. these are used for low/long bass notes (if u listen to R+B etc) and a sealed box is better for punchy bass notes (dance music etc)

. Hope this helps

Hi mate, has the sub not arrived yet? if so it should have the the box requirements in the user manual. and as for the port question. these are used for low/long bass notes (if u listen to R+B etc) and a sealed box is better for punchy bass notes (dance music etc)

. Hope this helps

thanks, yeah, you have helped loads mate

A ported box needs to be larger than a sealed box.

A ported box does not have the security of a sealed box, so get it wrong, and you could damage your sub.

A ported box is a lot more complicated to design.

A ported box can add around 3db more than the same sub in a sealed box.

A ported box can be deigned to be just as punchy as a sealed box, although again, the design has to be right.

A ported box needs to be larger than a sealed box.

A ported box does not have the security of a sealed box, so get it wrong, and you could damage your sub.

A ported box is a lot more complicated to design.

A ported box can add around 3db more than the same sub in a sealed box.

A ported box can be deigned to be just as punchy as a sealed box, although again, the design has to be right.

PRINTED!! - thanks

Good choice on subs, I got two of their bigger brothers, TS-W306C, and they are banging, good luck on your install.

NOCK

thanks mann, have just done 10 hours straight working through the night on it, ya see i wanted a smaller sub because of the music i listen to

is it true that the bigger the sub the less punchy but deeper it is and the smaller less deep but punchier or is it all down to box size or is it rubbish.

I got told really 2x15s would be the best for me as i listen to gangsta rap and they should be ported but my 2 x 12 ported subs do dance brilliantly and rap so i dunno.

bigger subs drop more, smaller ones are punchy is all silly...

The physics based answer is that the speakers response is determined by the T/S parameters, and the box it is put in. If a 3" speaker has the same parameters as a 15" speaker, and the box design is the same (in proportion to each other, not exactly the same) then the response is theretically exactly the same.

People belive 15" speakers will drop lower than 10" speakers is due to the fact it has more cone area and therefore is louder, and the low notes are louder.

Also, a 15" speaker can be just as "fast" as a 8" speaker... it all depends on Force = mass x accleration. A 15" sub is gonna be heavier in general than a 8" speaker, and therefore requires more force to archieve the same acceleration. Hence why bigger speakers need more power to sound as they were intended.

this can be all modelled on a computer, which just reads the parameters, and will give an output curve... if you want to know what you speaker will sound like get some software as 15" is for rap and 8" is for rock is just silly.