New forum member looking at Gti's

James B

Hi folks! I'm new around here and was wondering if you could give me a little help....

I'm looking at buying a new or almost new car for around £10k. I have 2 cars that I'm looking at; the Mini and the Gti. I've driven both the previous model and the brand new R56 model Coopers but I haven't driven a lupo (although my gran owns a little 1.0 shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> ) I know its a smaller car but what is it like to drive compared to the Mini? Is it more focused? How does the engine sound, any nice exhaust popping? Also handling wise I know its not quite up to Mini standards but is it fairly easy to improve? Sorry for all the qu, there's just so few around I haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on one!

Cheers, James.

Just google 'Lupo GTI review' and read what comes up. I must have read every review before I got mine, and I never read a bad thing about it (apart from no rear legroom, which I disagree with, and tiny boot, which isn't important to me).

They can be a little bit rolly in the corners, but a set of coilovers sorts that out. I've never driven a Mini, so I can't compare them. But a Lupo GTI is much more exclusive than a Mini, and you won't look like a homosexual hairdresser. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The new Mini Cooper (with it's new improved engine) is a lovely car.

The only down-side is that there are so many of them around now.

The Lupo GTI is arguably not as 'complete' as the new Mini but it's still great fun.

Because there are so few Lupo GTI's they do have that 'X factor'.

Just google 'Lupo GTI review' and read what comes up. I must have read every review before I got mine, and I never read a bad thing about it (apart from no rear legroom, which I disagree with, and tiny boot, which isn't important to me).

They can be a little bit rolly in the corners, but a set of coilovers sorts that out. I've never driven a Mini, so I can't compare them. But a Lupo GTI is much more exclusive than a Mini, and you won't look like a homosexual hairdresser. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

rear legroom who needs passengers in the back your doing them the favour by you driving smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> if you complain you walk haha