Engine management upgrade!!!!!!

Red Lup Gti

Dont u think its alot of cash to spend with just the `10-15` bhp increase??

Also, do u think its worth getting the cams done without adjusting the fueling too???

If u went for mega race cams u would prob need fueling done but fast road cams r OK with normal fueling. The power intake and exhaust valves are open for longer allowing more air in and there is also a longer overlap time where both in and out v/vs are open at the same time allowing all the combustion products to be blown through much more efficiently. The ECU senses if the mixture is lean and adjusts the fueling accordingly in the same way it would do if you put an induction kit on which allowed more air in! Vernier pulleys allow you to advance the timing for more power but can put a lot of strain on the engine!

Mate put some on a Punto HGT and it absolutely fliesnow !

I remember someone saying the GTi already runs a high compression ratio?

AFAIK it's the porting that allows for fuel/air mix in which gives the bhp, not sure about just raising the compression. Will skimming the head alone reduce the cc a bit as well (tho not much)

Had a 106 gti in a work the other day and it had headgasket gone!! the head had been skimmed before but for some reason we did it again!!! we put it all back together and ran it, it went like absolute stink!!!! THe fastest 1600 car i have ever driven!!! It was mint!!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

??? Has Marc got the answer yet? cos i want a soopa chip for two hundred an fifty nicker blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

??? MMM Just had a reply from Oettinger they do not do anything for the lupo gti at the mo.

So Marcy mi lad where dya get that chip from..? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ok this might not be the greatest idea in the world but the guy from Santa Pod that was talking to me (his name was Peter) from RED DOT really did seem to know what he was talking about, he was on about cracking the diagnostics on various cars and he wants a donor car , so whos willing to take a risk? his number is 02085540018 and he's in Ilford

He also rang me today and can offer a 30% discount on a set(pair) of grooved discs and pads for 1l & 1.4s if we can get 30 (yes i know its a lot) people interested. - thats £130 quid I need to change mine soon anyway so i definately said I was up for it but I dont reckon we can get that many people up for it.

I thought about referring him to AAT or something ..

@ Red Lup - yeh there was a Smart Roadster and an alfa coupe they were 'developing' I didnt see the passat though but they could have been in there. Im thinking seriously about taking my car down if it wasnt such a long way.

I may have asked this before, but these 'piggy back' chips that are always on EBAY .. are they a pile of cheap nasty rubbsih?