Brake upgrade

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Right, got my big brakes on over weekend and the car stops amazingly. I did them all myself so here are the parts you require if you want to copy me.

Front:

280mm discs from a Golf/Corrado G60. (I have black diamond vented & cross drilled ones).

Golf/Corrado G60 pads. (I have Pagid ones). Golf/Corrado G60 calliper carriers.

You do not need callipers. The G60 ones I was sent are the same as std Lupo gti ones so dont bother.

Rear:

239mm discs std size. (I have black diamond cross drilled ones).

Lupo Gti pads. (I have Pagid ones).

It took me about 5 hours to do them all but i am very particular about cleaning everything before i refit it to the car. I also had to grind the front calliper carriers to clear my wheels and then paint the new carriers red.

Also you have to remove the rear wheel bearings and ABS hub and press them out the old discs then press them into the new discs. Confused me at first as i didnt expect to have to do this but its only a light press fit and will split under just hard rpressing with your hand. No big hydraulic press needed...phew.

yeah they are nice and they do boil my brakes, i got 256mm vented discs like the lupo gti and they are drilled and grooved but they boil easy with heavy braking as the wheels have very small holes but its worth it as the wheels look cool.

also i don't thinking driving like a fool helps brakes stay cool.

I got all the parts from TSR Performance who were:

very very helpful,

very knowledgeable,

very good customer service.

Front discs, front pads, front carriers, rear disc & rear pads (see first post in the thread for details of parts) was £450 in total.

ROBIN: G60 carriers were £60 +vat each from TSR.