Arosa rear speakers

Noncompusmentis

Hiya people... first post an all!

I've had my Arosa for about 2 and a half years now, and I've only just upgraded the head unit!

Now I'm wanting to fill my car with sound... I'm not bothered about having the 'concert' effect, I want sound all around me.

I've had a search thru the forum, but the search results didn't give anything on Arosa Rear Speakers... there was quite alot about Lupo GTi stuff, but not what I was wanting.

So... has anyone fitted speakers into the rear of their arosa? I'm wanting a 'factory' style fitment, not just some holes cut in the parcel shelf!

Is it possible to re-work the rear cards in anyway? I'm still wanting to keep the original material in there, so it matches with the rest of the car.

Any advise or pictures of fitment welcome! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Welcome to the club!

if you take the rear cards off you'll see that the body shell already has the speaker mounts in (as if it was a lupo gti). you'll need the rear cards from a gti to get the 'original fit' look although the colour might be hard to match.

lots of people have not bothered with the rear speakers though and just upgraded the fronts with a decent set of components. then a modest sub to 'fill out' the sound

Welcome to the club!

if you take the rear cards off you'll see that the body shell already has the speaker mounts in (as if it was a lupo gti). you'll need the rear cards from a gti to get the 'original fit' look although the colour might be hard to match.

lots of people have not bothered with the rear speakers though and just upgraded the fronts with a decent set of components. then a modest sub to 'fill out' the sound

Hey!

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have a look behind the panel, see whats there. Do you think it will be possible to cut the panel that is there to mount into the speaker mount. It'll have aftermarket speaker grills then, but do ya reckon it'd work?

Not really looked into the option of a sub, cos I can't really loose what little boot space there is.

i'm not 100% sure whether you could use the grill for an aftermarket speaker - I think the speaker is 'behind' panel and therefore the grill wouldn't have anything to attach too - especially as it's a fairly curvy panel anyway.

might be worth having a look in the readers rides section see if you can find any shots in there from Lupo Gti's for inspiration.

I know what you mean about space though - I got a 10" sub hoping to keep a usable space and only ended up with room for my laptop bag!!!

I know what you mean about space though - I got a 10" sub hoping to keep a usable space and only ended up with room for my laptop bag!!!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sounds about right!

I'm gonna pop the panel off tomorrow and have a look.

Cheers for the help! cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />