Blue GTI, A19 just outside Hartlepool

Philplop

You were one car ahead of me, thought about catching up but it was my turnoff, and the fiesta in front of me didn't seem to be getting out of my way.

My 3rd Raven GTi spotting in as many weeks. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Pretty sure the first two were different, not sure about this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you see me? I was one car behind you, but not for very long, had to turn off.

I'll chase you next time. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

Did you see me? I was one car behind you, but not for very long, had to turn off.

I didn't notice at all (unless it wasn't me in front but I'm sure it will have been and I just wasn't taking any notice smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ).

Adam, I do have pics but I don't have webspace to host them. I could email you a pic if you want.

Hi, pretty sure I spotted you a few weeks back too: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...5304&hl=A66

Didnt know you could get a Laser Blue GTi, looked so shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Theres a meet on sunday, should pop along and say hello!

Jon

That looks very nice mate, my Raven Blue looks like that sometimes when it is a bit duller. The two colours aren't that different, until the sun hits them, at least thats what i think anyway, as there is a Laser Blue 1.4 near me.

Are you definately sure that is Laser Blue though? I just always thought the only blue they did in the GTIs was Raven Blue smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It is definitely Laser Blue. When I decided to buy a brand new one (last October when there was £1000 off all Lupos due to the imminent arrival of the Fox) there were three new GTis left in the country, two silver and one blue. One silver one sold immediately, the other silver one (at Pulman VW) I lost out to another buyer due to trying to negotiate a cd player, leaving only the blue one (at Cardiff VW). This was the last choice for me due to it being loaded with expensive extras (Leather int, air con, cd) giving it a (laughable) list price of 16k+. I called them anyway and they offered me it for 14.5 (not loads off taking into account the £1000 discount it already had from VW) which I said was too much, then they came back to me with a final offer of another grand off and I agreed to buy it straight away. I assumed 'blue' was Raven Blue (a colour I really liked having test-driven a used Raven Blue at Lookers the year before) and just bought it over the phone. Then I read on here that raven blue was obsolete, so I phoned Cardiff VW and they confirmed it wasn't 'raven' but 'Laser' blue ... a colour I knew nothing about and I panicked (some blues are horrible aren't they). They did point out it wasn't a million miles from raven (a bit darker) and sent me a metallic colour card to prove it. What a sigh of relief that was.

I posted it up on here before after being spotted on Portrack Lane and people questioned whether they made any GTis in this colour ... I can 100% confirm they made at least one. Due to raven blue being phased out, this was the blue option in q3/q4 2005, when the very last brand new UK GTis were sold.

Where are the meets Jon? I doublt I'd be able to make it being a new dad but I'm interested to know where they are. Sorry to stray off topic here.

Edited by blupo

Sounds like you got a great bargain there then and in a very rare colour aswell! I'll look forward to seeing some more pics of it in the future. And congrats on being a new dad aswell smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thats interesting then, so its the only Laser Blue GTi, very special. I look forward to seeing it sometime.

Probably a bit short notice but the next one is tomorrow: North East Meet They seem to be quite regular though, keep an eye out in the events section smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .

Congratulations on being a new dad too!

Thanks for that, maybe I'll get along to one sometime (about 18 years time wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) ... and thanks very much for the congrats fellas smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Now I know how to put up pics I'll try and get some posted up in the readers rides section sometime in coming weeks.

Until then, cheers for now.